Let The Madness Begin!!! New Amp Day!

-Juggernaut-

• Members

Got my Weber 6M100 Kit in today, now for the fun part.........

So far everything looks good, not real impressed with the tag board, I may go ahead and order another turret board from Metro, but everything else looks fine, I upgraded the caps to Spragues, and the wire to Teflon coated. Well, I guess we'll see how this goes. :D

IM002676.jpg

IM002677.jpg

My "work bench" with the Trannies, choke is back ordered.....so I got time to do this right. :D

IM002678.jpg

• Members

Nice! I really want to do the Egnater course so that I could build something for myself. I can do pedals when following schems, just don`t really have a good feel for what does what and so on. (or the proper way to discharge caps!)

• Members

Nice man!

I'm really jealous of you guys who build your own amps. It's gotta be awesome to play one that you made.

It's a great feeling when it makes the first real noise after the work put in.

It also sucks when the first noise is either just a hum or silly feedback. :p

• Members

Isnt that the truth?

:D

So on my Marwatt build, I was mainly working from the layout, which neglected a pretty crucial ground in the power section. First fire up - sounds great when I plugged my guitar in, turn the volume up - goes into cutoff. I'm like "WTF?" - measure voltages - my cathode voltage was something like 36 volts, when it was supposed to be like 12. :lol:

Found that ground, the thing came to life. Now I'm trying to decide whether I want to rebuild it (I HATE the chassis it's in) or if I want to do something else with the trannies.

Archived