Joe Walsh Walk Away 1971 youtube

guitarplayer

• Members

Just pull it up, this was fantastic tone and playing. My friend just sent it to me and said do you remember the fair!!! I've told my little story here before. Ohio State Fair, summer of 71 or 72, James Gang opening up for Nell Young. My buddies and Joe chirping at each other having a great time, yelled that their friend (me) was better than he was. Had me come on stage and play walk away with him. A night I'll never ever forget.

• Members

I just typed in Joe walsh walk away and there are 2 right there from 71.

LOL my bad I thought I was looking for the video of when you jammed with him. Man I gotta lay off the nyquil liqui-caps...

....sorry

Yep great song, and I think Joe Walsh is an underated player. Sure he gets respect from musicians and such but I think you get my drift.

• Members

Someone here (a year or 2 ago) was at the fair that day and remembered seeing me. I played his LP and he got on a tele I think. He had only 3 guitars, LP, Tele, and an acoustic. He's a great organ player with that Leslie swirling, the smell of pot was heavy in the air, it was a cool night, just perfect. I had never played a LP before. It was heavy, the neck was thick, and stickey, and I was a skinney little junior in HS. Nervous wreck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It should be a HC rule that everyone has to listen to this vid. before being allowed to post. This is true classic rock tone! Simply a Les Paul a cheap guitar cord into a Marshall. No need for delay, flangers, phasers, or other stuff to hide behind. No triple boosting of a super triple rectumfryer metalzone emg digital line 6.5 steroid induced monster rig set-up.

Simple is better, this tone never get's old or stale. Listen now and listen often. I just love it.

• Members

geeze, I remember playing this in battle of the bands probably around 73 or 74...

I played drums, had a set of Camco's and Larry the guitar player had a full stack 1959 Marshall (I think) and Gold Top Les Paul. We thought we were hell...

you guys have it so easy now...

• Members

My band still plays this song occassionally. This is the best song Joe ever wrote (to me). Another thing about the James Gang is the other players. The drummer and bass player were very good players and they never get enough credit in my mind. Good power trio.....

• Members

It should be a HC rule that everyone has to listen to this vid. before being allowed to post. This is true classic rock tone! Simply a Les Paul a cheap guitar cord into a Marshall. No need for delay, flangers, phasers, or other stuff to hide behind. No triple boosting of a super triple rectumfryer metalzone emg digital line 6.5 steroid induced monster rig set-up.

Simple is better, this tone never get's old or stale. Listen now and listen often. I just love it.

+1

I love that tone. Just straight ahead, guitar into cranked amp. Great tune. I've always loved Joe Walsh's vocals too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wanted people to watch this 1971 vid. again. With so many posts about pedals, boosting a triple rect. and the never ending tone quest.....here is your tone:

A Les Paul
a $3.00 guitar cord
A Marshall

Simplicity never sounded so good. No clips anyone has posted here sound as good as Joe from 1971.

Archived