Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SpiderValve clip (XLR Direct out) RAWK!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SpiderValve clip (XLR Direct out) RAWK!!!

Here's some clippage I just recorded. Forgive the crappy playing....no disclaimer or excuses...just wanky improvisation.

I'm still messing with the direct out a little....this is my first attempt...no FX or EQ.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25373

Enjoy!

Edit: Don't mind the awful fake drums and fake bass. heh (Fixed phasing issue)
    Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Sounds decent, and nice playing

I loved the direct on my Flextone III. Line 6 are great for recording.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Sounds decent, and nice playing

I loved the direct on my Flextone III. Line 6 are great for recording.

+ 1
      Guitars: (Fav 4 in order)
      First Run 1990' Eric Clapton Strat (Candy Green) with SD hotrail bridge p/u *Floyd Rose tremelo
      First Run 1990' Eric Clapton Strat (Candy Green) with SD hotrail coil tapped bridge p/u stock trem
      PRS Custom 24 (20th Anniversary) signed by Paul | Ibanez (1987') RG550 (Orange)
      Amps: (Fav 4 in order)
      1973' Marshall PTP Super Lead 100 w/ added Master Volume | 2007' Marshall JVM410H
      Peavey 5150 EVH Block letter | Line 6 Flextone III XL 2 x 12" combo- for recording

Comment

RAWK!!!

Comment

RAWK!!!

lol....thanks.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm still trying to figure out the direct out thingie. I'm normally a MIC'er so this is unusual. The good thing is I can record with the amp on standby with headphones.
          Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

Great clip! Nice lead playing!
            Amps:
            Kemper Profiling Amp
            Matrix GT800FX
            Cab:
            Bogner Oversized 2x12

Guitars:
            Anderson Drop Top
            Anderson Classic x 2
            Anderson Bulldog

My Clips:

http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=g...3&section=user
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=406888

Comment

Great clip! Nice lead playing!

Thanks!

Any advice tonewise? I really didn't mess with the eq on the amp for recording, I just left it the way I had it for live playing.

Comment

sounds pretty cool man! when using the xlr out do you use a cab simulation? i'm not up to date on the ins and outs of the spidervalve but i remember my old line 6 stuff had cab sims, which i used when recording DO via XLR. nice playing too!
                | Splawn | Gibson | ESP |

Splawn Nitro & Quickrod Clips

SPAM: splawn & eminence speakers

Comment

sounds pretty cool man! when using the xlr out do you use a cab simulation? i'm not up to date on the ins and outs of the spidervalve but i remember my old line 6 stuff had cab sims, which i used when recording DO via XLR. nice playing too!

Yeah it cab sims it automatically on the xlr out, no options, just xlr out.

Thanks!

Comment

so it's just one set cab sim? is the cab sim modeled after any particular cab/speaker?

Comment

so it's just one set cab sim? is the cab sim modeled after any particular cab/speaker?

Not sure....it just says "Cabinet simulated XLR direct out".

Comment

ah ok. cool stuff man. i dig!

Comment

nice playing, but some really weird phasing issues in the lead, makes me dizzy and sick listening to it. (did you copy it or anything?)
                          LSD Studio

Contact me about
                          Reamping
                          Mixing
                          Mastering
                          Drumediting

Comment

nice playing, but some really weird phasing issues in the lead, makes me dizzy and sick listening to it. (did you copy it or anything?)

No, I noticed something weird, but couldn't put my finger on it. It didn't do it on when I recorded the rythym for some reason...

I'm not sure what happened....I'll figure it out.

Comment

Here, I think I figured it out...I seem to have fixed the phasing...lemme know...

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25373

Comment

Working...
                              X