Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any reason why I shoudn't buy a ENGL Blackmore?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any reason why I shoudn't buy a ENGL Blackmore?

I've pretty much decided on this amp and I was wondering if anyone has any problems with this amp?

I'm looking for a very clear, articulate sounding distortion.

Also, does anyone know where I can find one used?

$1600 is kind of expensive.
    Originally Posted by jimwratt
    what color is the rest of you?? I looked down one time and was like "holy crap my fingers are black", but then I looked at the rest of myself and I was like "o yea, I'm Black"

Originally Posted by guitarmandp
    I can nail the tone of an old 1959 les paul perfectly with this warlock and then I can the sound of a 50's strat by hitting the coil tap, so I get two guitars for the price of a fraction of a vintage axe

great amp, DerekB gets great prices on them as does Josh Sage.

Probably the best amp in the Engl line. Music123 and Musiciansfriend sell them as well and sometimes they have good coupon codes
    Splawn Cabinets

Comment

The Blackmore I heard at the Austin Ampfest was by far the best sounding Engl to me. It was raw and open sounding.

Comment

If you want to buy mine maybe we can work something out

It's an incredible amp for sure. I have only played the PB, FB, and Blackmore in the ENGL line. The Blackmore is way more organic and versatile to me.. not as compressed. THere's no reason not to buy it as far as I'm concerned, I've had no issues with the amp at all.
        My Clips at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=661575
        My Band: http://www.myspace.com/plaguecalledman
        1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Ibanez RG550
        ESP M-II
        Peavey 5150
        Marshall 1960B Cab
        Smooth Transactions: xiwiwix, DannyM, Gybe!, Apunkrockmonk, Ihave27frets, Vittra1, mctallica1, -Juggernaut-, Big Muff, Fioretti, psychodave

Comment

Only if you hate great tone.
          '12 Carvin DC800
          '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
          ---
          Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
          AxeFX Ultra
          ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
          ---
          Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

Alright, that does it, I'm buying this amp.

Just got to wait for my next paycheck.
            what color is the rest of you?? I looked down one time and was like "holy crap my fingers are black", but then I looked at the rest of myself and I was like "o yea, I'm Black"

I can nail the tone of an old 1959 les paul perfectly with this warlock and then I can the sound of a 50's strat by hitting the coil tap, so I get two guitars for the price of a fraction of a vintage axe

Comment

Only if you hate great tone.

My thoughts exactly. Go buy!
              ► Tokai LP
              ► Peavey Windsor (modded)
              Custom 2x12 cab |Boss DS-1 | Homebrew 'Ego Boost' | Marshall Echohead | Line6 FM4 | TC Polytune | Homemade A/B box |

Traps 6-piece hybrid drum kit | JBL 4401 monitors | BCF2000 surface www.soundcloud.com/rightontime

Comment

The Blackmore I heard at the Austin Ampfest was by far the best sounding Engl to me. It was raw and open sounding.

I wish I was more sober and it was less GC-like at the time I played that amp to actually remember how it sounded.
                Amps: Axe FX II, Matrix GT1000FX, Fryette 2/90/2, EVH 5150 III 50w
                Guitars: PRS SC250 (2) - Gibson LP R8
                Cabs: Mills Acoustics (2), EVH

GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH 140 DIFFERENT MEMBERS.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

I wish I was more sober and it was less GC-like at the time I played that amp to actually remember how it sounded.

Not the best video, but still pretty sweet if you ask me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyA_vwYixyU

Comment

do it

Comment

apparently they dont have amazing build quality, but i haven't heard any complaints from people who own them
                      Guitars: USA Peavey Wolfgang, MIJ Ibanez SCA220, Squier Telecaster Custom, Taylor 110e
                      Amps: 1989 Peavey VTM60, 1969 Sunn Sceptre
                      Cabs Avatar Vintage 4x12 w/ WGS Green Berets, Basson Vertical Slant 2x12 w/ Eminence Legends
                      Pedals Korg Pitchblack, BBE Green Screamer, BAT Pharaoh Fuzz, MXR Carbon Copy, Line 6 Echo Park

Comment

Not the best video, but still pretty sweet if you ask me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyA_vwYixyU

I actually like the way it sounds on this video better. I prefer the powerball in the second part because I like the darker tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Swrayd4iE
                        Amps: Axe FX II, Matrix GT1000FX, Fryette 2/90/2, EVH 5150 III 50w
                        Guitars: PRS SC250 (2) - Gibson LP R8
                        Cabs: Mills Acoustics (2), EVH

GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH 140 DIFFERENT MEMBERS.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

I love my Blackmore! I've had it a few years now and I've never thought about selling it! GREAT tone and very simple to dial in.

I highly recommend it!

Charvel San Dimas II-USA Made
                          Charvel Koa Custom Shop
                          ESP Lynch Tiger-1988 Model
                          Gibson Les Paul Classic
                          Kramer Pacer-USA Made
                          Godin Freeway Classic
                          ---------------------------------
                          Engl Blackmore
                          Genz Benz G-Flex(v30/H30)
                          Splawn OS 2x12 (V30s)
                          Maxon OD-9