bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Members

IMG_0683.jpg

edit: the title should say 6262 not 6202

over the weekend i have heard the first (from what i am told) bugera 6262 to be shipped to a store anywhere in the USA. i brought my 5150 and we compared it. if you played the amps one at a time through the bugera cab and didnt know what you were playing, you'd be stumped. they are VERY close to the same (lead channel). i was told the bugeras have great cleans but i didnt play clean through it at all and i didnt pay attention when others had the clean channel on.

the store was Piney hills music and the owner is on here as Piney Hills

thats it. i know bugera gets a bad wrap because behringer is distributing it and people love to bash something just because its the popular thing, and not to mention "the soul of valves" thing is kind of cheesy. but mark my words, this thing kicks ass and it'd be unfair to say that "it holds its own against the 5150" because it does more than hold its own.

don't bother replying with bashing :blah::blah::blah:. i know theres a lot of people that don't look past a name. i just wanted to throw this tidbit out there so you know where you heard it first.

edit: clips are in my post in this thread here http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25666659#post25666659 IE post #51

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we'll be hearing a lot about them

one thing someone mentioned at a Euro forum was these have much wider spacing on the board traces to cut back capacitance? Said the ones they tested were much cleaner than the peavey designs?

now the Bugera speakers :freak: or :idk:

• Members

I think we'll be hearing a lot about them

one thing someone mentioned at a Euro forum was these have much wider spacing on the board traces to cut back capacitance? Said the ones they tested were much cleaner than the peavey designs?

now the Bugera speakers
:freak:
or
:idk:

interesting. we didn't look at the guts. thats cool though

the bugera speakers were great. i dont think we played anything else through the bugera cab except the 6202 and 5150 but they both sounded great to me.

• Members

interesting. we didn't look at the guts. thats cool though

the bugera speakers were great. i dont think we played anything else through the bugera cab except the 6202 and 5150 but they both sounded great to me.

They guy I talked to said the beeeeeez was not a problem with the Bugera design. partly due to better :idk: board makeup and parts placement?

• Members

gonna bring on some flames I'm sure

if someone posted the amp pron of teh gutz I don't think too many will cry foul

same thing happened with their BOSS look a likes, but when they were opened up they knew the only thing

resembling a boss was its shape. even the casing was plastic while the boss is aluminum cast.

• Members

wouldn't matter since their all rip off's to an extent.

They do look interesting. Thought they were due out in Sept or something.

if i remember correctly they said he can start selling them in january. i do not know when a stock of them is supposed to be shipped to dealers nationwide though. i would assume pretty soon

• Members

:eek:

This amp will become the new recommendation for all the "I'm looking for a new metal amp.... suggestions?" threads. I can see it.

well.. the 5150 and bugera arent the be all end all of amps. but if you want a good metal amp for dirt cheap, this is it in my opinion. maybe an "upgrade" for the kiddies that say the spiders are the ultimate. i think going rates for a 4x12+6202 are like 800 - 900 (if i recall correctly but dont quote me)

• Members

well.. the 5150 and bugera arent the be all end all of amps. but if you want a good metal amp for dirt cheap, this is it in my opinion. maybe an "upgrade" for the kiddies that say the spiders are the ultimate. i think going rates for a 4x12+6202 are like 800 - 900 (if i recall correctly but dont quote me)

I am getting a MATAMP GT-1 soon, but if the Bugera "5150" is cheap enough i migh put one of my "next" guitars on hold and use the funds for a "5150-clone" instead !

My cousin has the "real" 5150 60W 2x12 combo and it rocks !!!

. . . so if i can get a MATAMP & 5150 . . . well, lets just say i would be a happy-chappy ! :thu:

• Members

wouldn't matter since their all rip off's to an extent.

They do look interesting. Thought they were due out in Sept or something.

Hell they where due out in the earliest part of the summer/late spring up here, if memory serves correctly, I even had one of the 6505 copies pre ordered but, canceled it after about ten weeks of waiting. May try again though just for s**ts and giggles

Archived