FELLOW G-FLEX OWNERS: What amps have you found that get along great with this cab?

khastra_ksc

• Members

What amps have you found that just get along great with this cab?

I have the 2x12, and my Knucklehead sounds good... But I want something better suited.

I am leaning towards a VHT... But am really open to ideas.

Just looking for some feedback on amps that you have or have played that really get along with these cabs.

GRACIAS!

• Members

actually i had a VHT ultralead for a while with my gflex and it was the worst combination... really bad. for some reason, it didn't go well together. my jsx sounds pretty badass with it. i would really steer you away from the vht /gflex combination

Really? Anyone else? I really thought they would be perfect for eachother!

• Members

I really like how my Engl Blackmore sounds through my G-Flex. I've also had good results with a Engl Powerball, Mesa Mark IV, Peavey 5150, Peavey XXL and a Peavey Triple XXX.

A couple amps that I didn't like through the G-Flex: Framus Cobra, VHT 50CL and a Cornford MK50H.

I bought my G-Flex the first year they came out and I've also swapped out the stock speakers for a Hellatone 30/60 mix.

:thu:

• Members

actually i had a VHT ultralead for a while with my gflex and it was the worst combination... really bad. for some reason, it didn't go well together. my jsx sounds pretty badass with it. i would really steer you away from the vht /gflex combination

+1 to your opinion on the VHT. I didn't like my VHT 50CL with the G-Flex at all!

• Members

Wow... I am kinda sad.

I was hoping a VHT would go well... :( Oh well.

So the Blackmore sounds good... How heavy can that amp get? I mean, I have read up on it some in the past, but can it get pretty heavy through the G-Flex? Is it nice and tight? Etc.... I have heard some clips, but never through a G-Flex. I definatly want something that can get tight through that cab. Curious about the POwerball too.

• Members

I've got my 5150 going into a G-Flex 2x12. It sounds great, although I've never tried any other cab with it. It was the perfect fit for me because it sounds as big as a 1/2 stack, but it's smaller. It has some great features (e.g. front-loaded speakers).

• Members

Wow... I am kinda sad.

I was hoping a VHT would go well...
:(
Oh well.

So the Blackmore sounds good... How heavy can that amp get? I mean, I have read up on it some in the past, but can it get pretty heavy through the G-Flex? Is it nice and tight? Etc.... I have heard some clips, but never through a G-Flex. I definatly want something that can get tight through that cab. Curious about the POwerball too.

I LOVE my Blackmore through the G-Flex. The Blackmore is a pretty versatile amp, even though it has shared tone controls. It has good clean tones and kick ass high gain tones. Go to the Rock Solid Amps web-site to check out clips. I think some of them are Engls through a G-Flex.

• Members

I LOVE my Blackmore through the G-Flex. The Blackmore is a pretty versatile amp, even though it has shared tone controls. It has good clean tones and kick ass high gain tones. Go to the Rock Solid Amps web-site to check out clips. I think some of them are Engls through a G-Flex.

I was actually just pulling up that site.

I have been very interested in this amp for awhile... It just has to be able to get nice and heavy when needed for rhythm playing.

• Members

Personally ive found the stock speakers to be too dark and really stiff compared to others...

If you swap them out, I'm sure it'll make a great pairing with any amp!

I just tried G12T-75's in mine and it's definitely an upgrade!!

Archived