Does anyone know how much H&R Block charges?

Facejackets

• Members

OP: Turbo Tax is the way to go. It's $15 if you gross over $27k, and it's really straight forward. It'll take you 20 minutes, and you can do the whole thing online.

www.turbotax.com

Where can I download that??? And lets say..that maybe....just maybe I am a broke mother {censored}er and didn't make 27k?

EDIT: you posted the link after I posted!!! thanks dude!

• Members

Where can I download that??? And lets say..that maybe....just maybe I am a broke mother {censored}er and didn't make 27k?

EDIT: you posted the link after I posted!!! thanks dude!

No problemo. Thought I better put the link on there... :)

• Members

taxact.com is totally free. turbo tax wants to charge you 10 bucks after a certain amount of time. if you have 1 w-2 go to taxact.com

+1. NO cost at all- It also will tell you when you should get your refund after you file if you go back to the website and check under "Where is my Refund"

• Members

I just filed. It says 9-14 days. It was completely free. They keep asking you to pay $10 to do certain things, but you don't have to pay.

Turbo Tax rules hahaha

But I was kinda bummed. I thought I was getting that extra $600 on top of what Turbo Tax told me. But I guess not. Beggars can't be choosers. I'm happy to be getting as much back as I am. Now I get to buy a cab!!!! m/

• Members

I was told by like every person I know it was. I hope they are right. If I end up with an extra $600 in my account from the government I will be stoked. And I'll buy 2 cabs!!!

It was, but we don't get that cash when we file/get our return. It's supposed to come in May/June as it's own deposit/check.

-Ans-

• Members

H&R Block is a complete ripoff. The people they have working for them don't know much better than I do. I paid $240 in person after I paid $120 to do it on-line with the SAME company!!! There were two reasons why I tried in person. I wanted to try a different account to see if these guys could help me. And they had a contest to double your refund. This year I went the online route again and pay $75 for everything.

• Members

If you are single, have one W2 and are not a homeowner, why not just fill out your returns yourself? It shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Of course, if its free then use turbtax or whatever.

I was always leery of doing my own taxes when I was younger and single, but after doing them once it was no problem...until things started to get complicated.

Archived