Tech metal clip in the vein of The Faceless & Sikth (PODXT + DFHS)

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I found this on the Andy Sneap forums.... some guy made a thread showing his song. He just used a PODXT for guitars and Drumkit From Hell Superior for the drums. Piano at the end was a midi keyboard using VST samples.

The mixing isn't very good... but for what he used he got a great sound out of it... and more importantly, the song itself is sick.... If you're into bands like The Faceless, Sikth, or Born of Osiris, you'll probably like it.

http://ekdavid.uw.hu/diode2.mp3

Awesome song. :rawk::rawk::rawk:

• Members

Damn...tough crowd
:confused:
Seriously, try listening to it through decent speakers and not some cheap computer speakers. That is a decent tone for a direct recording.

yeah no {censored}. everyone's a critic right? i like how half the guys on here couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag, and then douche all over someone else.

btw, whoever that was...................sick.

• Members

Sorry, guys. I was gone all day.

His forum name there is fuge86. No, he didn't do anybody's albums or anything. He's just a regular guy who recorded this song on a pod in his room at his college. Here's the thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rate-my-mix-tone-threads/361683-check-my-new-song-death-core-podxt-dfhs.html

And, yes Misha from Bulb & Periphery also uses a POD.... and yes he is much better at recording and mixing with it. I just liked fuge's song a lot so I wanted to show you guys.

I'm getting a new computer for recording and a presonus firestudio and bunch of software (cubase, DFHS, ableton live, drumagog, etc.) in the near future, and I plan on doing similar stuff, except using the Axe-FX for direct recording guitars, bass, and possibly synth. :thu:

Archived