Are cases extremely important for a 4x12?

TornadoOfSouls

• Members

If you are touring, I wouldn't go without one.

No touring for me, atleast not for a while. Right now the only thing I can think of is a one time travel from Florida to NY with the cab in the back of my truck.

I definitely will get a case when I can but I'm just hoping car rides won't be too detrimental to their function.

• Members

It's important to me! Considering how beat to {censored} my Peavey cab got just doing locals shows.
I was throwing it in the back of our drummers truck for shows around town, and into a Van when we did out of state shows, in nearby NM, NV, and CA.
The tolex got ripped to {censored}!
Now that I have a HiWatt, Im getting a case for that {censored}er, since I'm starting a new band.

• Members
It's important to me! Considering how beat to {censored} my Peavey cab got just doing locals shows.

I was throwing it in the back of our drummers truck for shows around town, and into a Van when we did out of state shows, in nearby NM, NV, and CA.

The tolex got ripped to {censored}!

Now that I have a HiWatt, Im getting a case for that {censored}er, since I'm starting a new band.

Oh it's definitely going to be a purchase I'm going to make at one point. Just not sure I can dish out for it just yet, I still need my power amp. :cop:

• Members

depends on how much the cab is worth, how much you play out, and if you care about the cosmetic condition

there's not much point in buying a 4x12 case unless it's a pretty expensive higher end cab, the case will cost more than the cab is worth then

if you don't care whether your cab gets beat up from behing hauled around, or you don't play out much, then again there's not much reason to get one...tho depending on travel conditions etc. there may be a possiblity of getting a speaker punctured or something similar (like my old band we used to load everything into a trailer, drum hardware can be lethal!)

• Members

I see cases as pointless unless you are touring.

Always thought that the price of a good ATA case would, in the end, be equal to or greater than the amount of cash lost off the sale price of a scuffed amp. Plus while you own it you won't have to deal with the excess weight.

Just take good care of it, and it won't be a problem.
:thu:

• Members

depends on how much the cab is worth, how much you play out, and if you care about the cosmetic condition

there's not much point in buying a 4x12 case unless it's a pretty expensive higher end cab, the case will cost more than the cab is worth then

if you don't care whether your cab gets beat up from behing hauled around, or you don't play out much, then again there's not much reason to get one...tho depending on travel conditions etc. there may be a possiblity of getting a speaker punctured or something similar (like my old band we used to load everything into a trailer, drum hardware can be lethal!)

VHT Fat Bottom 4x12

• Members

They come in handy for touring, local shows, travel, and even rehearsal spaces that you share with other bands...
I have two for my marshalls, they are both angstroms..
I just ran into them on craigslist in late dec, guy was trying to unload them for $200 a pop...
I called him a few miles from his house and told him I had $300 for the both of them, and he took it...
I like em as they are live ins, the top cover ones I used to use sucked balls because you have to find a place to put the giant top cover.
But again, If you dont care about how your cab looks it shouldnt matter, Im not a gear {censored}, I beat my stuff as its just a tool for me, I dont resale or take pictures.
But I do admit if you get the chance to get one they come in really handy...

Yea Im that guy with two marshall cabs, completly tore up grills and tolex, in cab cases....:lol:

• Members

No touring for me, atleast not for a while. Right now the only thing I can think of is a one time travel from Florida to NY with the cab in the back of my truck.

I definitely will get a case when I can but I'm just hoping car rides won't be too detrimental to their function.

ha hit me up if ur in ny broski :lol:

Archived