Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are cases extremely important for a 4x12?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are cases extremely important for a 4x12?

I'm just wondering because at the moment I am not planning on any flight travels with my cabs. Just drives on the backseat of my car.

If you are touring, I wouldn't go without one.
    Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

A Zoom multi-effects through an old Peavey power amp would probably be the best sound in the world.

Comment

If you are touring, I wouldn't go without one.

No touring for me, atleast not for a while. Right now the only thing I can think of is a one time travel from Florida to NY with the cab in the back of my truck.

I definitely will get a case when I can but I'm just hoping car rides won't be too detrimental to their function.

Comment

You should be totaly fine then. I only have cases for my stuff becuase I know it gets treated pretty rough on the road and I'm not always the one handling my gear.
        Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

A Zoom multi-effects through an old Peavey power amp would probably be the best sound in the world.

Comment

yeah... there's really not much need for a cab unless you're doing HEAVY touring.
          I'm a winner

Comment

Thanks homies.

Comment

I'm just wondering because at the moment I am not planning on any flight travels with my cabs. Just drives on the backseat of my car.

How do you expect us to be able to accurately answer that question?
              tlbonehead@yahoo.com
              www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
              -For Sale:
              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

How do you expect us to be able to accurately answer that question?

The other guys did.

Basically, I will be handling the equipment myself and the only travel will be in my car for the cabinet.

Comment

depends if you mind the tolex getting dinged up or not.
                  HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Get a nice cover. It can make a big difference in the amount of little dings and things you will get.

Comment

Get a nice cover. It can make a big difference in the amount of little dings and things you will get.

I think thats my fairest purchase for the moment, thanks bro.

Comment

It's important to me! Considering how beat to **************** my Peavey cab got just doing locals shows.
                        I was throwing it in the back of our drummers truck for shows around town, and into a Van when we did out of state shows, in nearby NM, NV, and CA.
                        The tolex got ripped to ****************!
                        Now that I have a HiWatt, Im getting a case for that ****************er, since I'm starting a new band.
                        Amp:
                        Laney AOR 50
                        Emperor 4x12
                        Clips
                        Buyer/Seller References

Comment

It's important to me! Considering how beat to **************** my Peavey cab got just doing locals shows.
                          I was throwing it in the back of our drummers truck for shows around town, and into a Van when we did out of state shows, in nearby NM, NV, and CA.
                          The tolex got ripped to ****************!
                          Now that I have a HiWatt, Im getting a case for that ****************er, since I'm starting a new band.

Oh it's definitely going to be a purchase I'm going to make at one point. Just not sure I can dish out for it just yet, I still need my power amp.

Comment

they are good protectors from dust and cat hair in the bedroom. we all know what cat hair does for tone

Comment

well.. my stuff has never gotten dinged....yo...

maybe it's because I don't toss it into my car or truck..and take care of it when it's in transit.............

and i've done quite a few shows. + i think cases add quite a bit of weight to the cab.
                              I'm a winner

Comment

Working...
                              X