I really love this amp, take a look...(ENGL Blackmore)

SweepLegatto

• Members

Dude I LOVE my blackmore.....

But I would NEVER run it with those settings..

The Gain and presence are both way to high, and I dont think the mxr was helping matters....

There are way better tones in that head. But to each their own I guess. I'm pretty sure that buzz would get burried in the mix as well.

• Members

The Gain and presence are both way to high, and I dont think the mxr was helping matters....

There are way better tones in that head. But to each their own I guess. I'm pretty sure that buzz would get burried in the mix as well.

glad to hear you are liking it Jim. Very cool sounding amp IMO. :thu:

• Members

+1!! His setting are way different than what I use. Don't need the extra EQ, the gain is way too high and the Pres is too high. I've never though of the Blackmore as a buzzy amp. For as simple as the Blackmore is, there are plenty of good tones in it. But like you said, to each their own....

• Members

So what eq are you guys using with the blackmore?

I dont have the amp right in front of me but it's something like this:

all in oclock

Clean around 1

Bright in

Lead Gain little under 2

Bass 2

Mid 1

Treb a little over 11

Pres a little over 9

Lead vol around 130

Master around 8-10 depending on how loud the band is.

The contour adds some volume and low mids for solos, sometimes I'll kick on my maxon 808 instead though for a little more uppy mid feel, depending on the lead I'm playing.

I think that sounds good on all the channels. It's still a tad bright with my PRS CE24 for my tastes, but I'm gonna swap out the pups for some Bareknuckles to balance that out.

Archived