Peavey Vypyr tube amp?

twostone

• Members

Anybody heard one of these or tried one out I'm curious as if they sound better then the Line Six Spider modeling amp Peavey claims the pre gain stage is all tube analog only the FX is digital, with real tubes pre and output stage looks interesting from their website and our local Peavey dealer dosen't even know they exsist opinions wanted good or bad.

• Members

Not out yet I don't think. The all "SS" versions will be out first, then the hybrids will follow.

And the name is pronounced "Viper", even though the spelling is what it is.

Quoted off PV forum:

The Vypyr (pronounced Viper) Series of digital modeling guitar amps is the result of the single largest investment in R&D Hartley has ever made in a series of Guitar Amps.

The Vyper Series features WYSIWYG all analogue gain to restore the

• Members

instead of releasing real amps, now they have these stupid ideas like making revalver peavey simulators and digital amps? :o
peavey and gibson must be eating {censored} on the breakfast

they should release a rockmaster 2 or a 5150 preamp with MIDI stuff

• Members
Not out yet I don't think. The all "SS" versions will be out first, then the hybrids will follow.

And the name is pronounced "Viper", even though the spelling is what it is.

Quoted off PV forum:

The Vypyr (pronounced Viper) Series of digital modeling guitar amps is the result of the single largest investment in R&D Hartley has ever made in a series of Guitar Amps.

The Vyper Series features WYSIWYG all analogue gain to restore the

• Members

Yea I went over to Peavey's forum they can't tell me exactly which amp models it would be replicating they did hint that 2 of the amp models will be the JSX and the 5150 but that all the info. I could squeeze out of them I'm going for the 60 watter tube I needs a recording amp look like this one could be my choice .

JSX/5150/Classic. But you should re-read your posting over there. Some answers were given in the last sentence.

Archived