Peavey Classic 50 Question: Dating

donsimon76

• Members

I recently picked up a used Peavey Classic 50 head and was wondering how old it was. I absolutely love it and now understand why there is a decent sized group that recommends these. It is a nice contrast to my B-52 AT-100.

The serial number is 00-05812972

MFG Loc: 03

It does not have an effect loop.

Here are pics if they help:

PeaveyClassic50a.jpg

76721_Peavey_Classic_50_081_122_257lo.jp

• Members

no effects loop?

thats odd......i thought that was standard on these puppies.

I've been looking for a classic head myself

It makes me wonder if it is an earlier run or something. I got it used from GuitarCenter for $299 out the door and have not regretted it in the slightest.

• Members

You should probably just email Peavey. I doubt anyone here knows.

no effects loop?

thats odd......i thought that was standard on these puppies.

I've been looking for a classic head myself

The old ones are different. Keep in mind that this is a head here, and they don't even make anything but a 30 watt head anymore, which is a newer version. There also used to be a 100 watt head and a 20 watt combo. They all have their little differences.

• Members

I recently picked up a used Peavey Classic 50 head and was wondering how old it was. I absolutely love it and now understand why there is a decent sized group that recommends these. It is a nice contrast to my B-52 AT-100.

The serial number is 00-05812972

MFG Loc: 03

It does not have an effect loop.

Here are pics if they help:

PeaveyClassic50a.jpg

76721_Peavey_Classic_50_081_122_257lo.jp

Like mentioned before, if it doesn't have an effects loop it's probably a '91-'92. It's in great condition for its age and you got a great deal :thu:.

• Members

Peavey Customer Service just got back to me (emailed them around 5pm yesterday). They say that per the serial number it was manufactured in 1992.

I am impressed with their response time. I can't get my wife to answer e-mails that quickly.

In that case it really is in great shape for 16 years old.

Archived