My '63 Bassman has a 125P7B power transformer rather then a 125P7A?

Burstbucker

• Members

On the various schematics that I've seen floating around on the 6G6-A and the 6G6-B circuits for early 60s blond Bassman amps, the power transformer is supposed to be a 125P7A but mine is a 125P7B. I was wondering what's the difference between these two transformers?

My amp is a '63 with the 6G6-B circuit BTW.

• Members

Man, that sucks you haven't gotten a response yet. Just a guess, but I'm thinking there's likely little difference between the xformers. It might be worth posting this at the effects forum, as well. Some are really into older Fenders. Good luck.

• Members

I think generally speaking their about the same. I don't know if it was a replacement or Fender just ran out of one type and used the other. Parts will vary some what, I doubt it makes any real difference in the amp. If the amp works who cares.

• Members

Oh, the amp sounds fine and the voltages throughout the amp seem fine. I was just curious, that's all. Others on different BBS have guessed that maybe the stamp was set incorrectly or that Leo tried these out as an experiment or they were made for an amp that ended up never being put into production. All good guesses.

Archived