Switching Bugera 333XL with G-Major relays

superludox

• Members

Hello to everybody, here I come again with my switching problem. Indeed, I own the Bugera 333XL head coupled with a G-Major and controlled by a FCB1010 (midi). The Bugera 333XL comes with a floorboard (FCB104) with a 5 pins proprietary connector. It looks like a mini din connector but it is not standard! My problem is simple : I have to be able to change the channels of the amp with only one floorboard within a midi patch. For that purpose, I have to use the two G-Major relays.

But here is the deal: after having analysed the FCB104 by Bugera, its 5 pins are not used for 5 functions. We indeed have a GND, 3 pins to feed 3 leds and one which is designed to send impulses to the amp. Indeed, this pin (the white one on the PCB)is going to send, according to the selected channel, different tensions. These values correspond to a particular channel. Here is the diagram I made : http://ludovic.faraill.free.fr/Bugera/bugera.gif.

I need support to make the conversion table : Tip / Ring / =

What kind of simple material can do the job ? The FX loop part is not necessary, only the 3 channels.

Any idea or helping hand are welcome

Thanx

Ludo

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey dude, any luck with this so far??

I am endorsed by Bugera and have actually sent them an email today regarding MIDI functionality, hopefully they will concoct something to help us both without having to pull our amps apart!

Cheers mate!

• Members

:thu: great !!! I hope they will react on this problem. For the moment I found no help and I am not able to make the interface. Looks like none of the Bugera owners are using a fx unit !? It would be great if you could give me the infos you'll get from Bugera. See you soon. Thanx

Ludo

• Members

Hey dude, unfortunately they gave me no helpful information as they haven't considered midi use :S

Although I'm thinking of doing it my own way where I remove the Physical switch and replace with a small corcuit controlled by the G majors relays!

Cheers, I'll get back to you when I've had a go!

• Members

ok! So here's what I did, first of all I have a MIDI/ Analogue relay converter *FOOTSIM by Soundsculpture* And I bought some female 1/4" jacks. I basically just opened the footboard, wired each of 4 jacks to the terminals of the Switches and now I just control it using midi. It takes momentary switching so I've set up each midi output like this for example!

Clean channel: 1 0 1 1 (Clean ON, Dirty OFF, Reverb ON, Effects ON)

But here I have momentary for clean, dirty, reverb but FX is ON/ OFF relay so that it stays ON, because I have it on for both channels!

I'll take some pictures soon dude! Cheers

• Members

Hey dude, any luck with this so far??

I am endorsed by Bugera and have actually sent them an email today regarding MIDI functionality, hopefully they will concoct something to help us both without having to pull our amps apart!

Cheers mate!

What do you do to go about getting endorsed by bugera?

• Members

nah, I drilled some holed in it and made the jacks INSIDE the pedal, there's {censored}ing {censored} tons of space in there, It looks really neat and official now :p

No cords dangling anywhere!

As for endorsed, beats me man, they liked what they heard from me :S

• Members

nah, I drilled some holed in it and made the jacks INSIDE the pedal, there's {censored}ing {censored} tons of space in there, It looks really neat and official now
:p

Hi Jensu ! It's cool you found a trick. Actually, you wired the Bugera floorboard internal connectors with female jacks, right ? And, it respond to the midi=>jack signal, right too? I am waiting for your photos with great impatience. Maybe I need your support to do the same;), let me know if you are ok.

Thanx:thu:

Ludo

• Members

BTW, before I get some pics done, if you ARE interested in doing this its VERY simple. Just connect one wire from each + - on the boards physical switches, then soldier those to each connection on the mono Female 1/4" and you are set :)

That's really all it took :p

• Members

BTW, before I get some pics done, if you ARE interested in doing this its VERY simple. Just connect one wire from each + - on the boards physical switches, then soldier those to each connection on the mono Female 1/4" and you are set
:)

That's really all it took

Hi Jensu,

Do you think it is possible to do the same with the two G-Major "dry" relays? I mean without a midi translator.

I hope you can put some photo:thu:

Bye

Ludo

• Members

nah, I drilled some holed in it and made the jacks INSIDE the pedal, there's {censored}ing {censored} tons of space in there, It looks really neat and official now

{censored}in' incrediblely nice. I'm ALMOST brave enough to try this...

• Members

HEY GUSY! PHOTOS UP NOW!

BTW I had to get this idea © so yeh! No copying without permission, Bugera is trying to do some deal blah blah so yeh sorry! If you take for your own SUE SUE!

And no, that's not my GF's name ;)

LOL But seriously, this works so well, G major will work fine with it!

Only thing is is it capable of ON/ OFF and Momentary also???

Cheers, pics below!

picture009.jpg

picture008.jpg

picture005.jpg

Archived