I'm being penalized because I make too much money to get a tax rebate/stimulus check

Dick Long

• Members

I hear guys talking about the big screen TV's and kick ass amps that they are going to buy with their refund check. I'm not getting a check, and I feel discriminated against.

Why should somebody who has worked hard to get a decent job be penalized twice:

1 - paying way more in taxes than you in the first place

2 - getting shafted on the rebate situation

Why should my hard earned money go to reliefers and lazy pukes to buy more toys.

I'm not being a smart ass, I'm just expressing how I feel.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because the idea is to "stimulate" the economy by giving money to people who will in turn spend it. They know that you'll just put it in savings :poke:

I don't think I'm getting a check either :cry: Sucks because living in So Cal is like making half as much when living in most other parts of the country.

But at least I'm getting a pretty good bonus this time around :D

• Members

You need to revisit your financial planning if you make enough money and are STILL complaining about not getting a tax break. get over it...be grateful that you have a job in this {censored}ty country when buttloads of people are getting laid off!

"Descriminated"...haha, don't use a word you know nothing about fool.

• Members

I hear guys talking about the big screen TV's and kick ass amps that they are going to buy with their refund check. I'm not getting a check, and I feel discriminated against.

Why should my hard earned money go to reliefers and lazy pukes to buy more toys.

Quit your bitching

• Members

That's the breaks sometimes man.

For the record I don't think I'm getting anything either. Of course the 7800.00 bonus I got in March and the three paychecks I'm getting in May will more than make up for it. Oh and I resigned my lease so my rent for May has been deferred and the rent for June is cut by half.

New guitar, amp and cab baby!! :poke:

:thu:

• Members

You need to revisit your financial planning if you make enough money and are STILL complaining about not getting a tax break. get over it...be grateful that you have a job in this {censored}ty country when buttloads of people are getting laid off!

"
Descrimated
"...haha, don't use a word you know nothing about fool.

Eh? :D

Yeah, I phail, I work 40-60 hours a week for my dad, mechanic, making 600-800 a month. I get no check because I dont make enough money to worry about having to file taxes...and I could really use a check cause I dont have enough money to buy new tires for my car and its got a wirey tomatoe on part of it...I's teh screwwed!

I needs to find me some sortof supports grewp..:D

• Members

Economists said your income bracket doesn't have a real and apparent need to spend it, since you're well off already, so you'd probably save it just as well. people who make less money apparently have a bigger need to use it, like, feed their families, or, in our case, buy expensive hobbies. there's a big populace who is getting rebates, from the very poor to the average middle class. if you save it, the money goes back into the money pool, and no real stimulus happens.

not that that matters. the rebates are coming out too late as it is, and most middle class households are just going to pay off debt.

• Members

Stop me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking you're in your early 30s or younger and I'd give up a whole years salary to switch places with you. Enjoy what you have man, money comes and goes.

:thu:

Hehe, younger at heart, but a little older in actual years. See my other thread for my latest enjoyment of what I have :D

• Members

^^ wisewendell yeah I know..a misspelled word. I fixed that, but apparently you caught it before I did.
:wave:

We must've caught it pretty much the same time cause when I went to go hit quote, it quoted it as fixed, then I hit back and looked then hit forward...Ahh I gotta be's a smartalleck sometimes:D

• Members

not that that matters. the rebates are coming out too late as it is, and most middle class households are just going to pay off debt.

Sadly, many (though not all) of the people who are in debt will probably NOT use the rebates to help pay it off. Many (once again, not all) of such people are in debt precisely because they DON'T have good financial practices, including paying off debts. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Members

See, they are using the money you should get back to pay people who didn't pay any taxes. Wealth redistribution FTL.

This class warfare is getting pretty damn ridiculous.

The US used to praise people who succeeded, now they are penalized in the name of "fairness."

• Members

If you took all your taxes out of the economy, and just said {censored} it, you'd have a bunch of dickweeds complaining about how "society" doesn't do anything for them.

It's a lost cause, as evidenced by Thinkpad20. It doesn't matter if your mortgage or number of kids being reaised without gov't subsidy leaves functionally as ppor as everyone else. You are still "ultra rich".

Imagine how {censored}ed you'd be if we had a democracy and not a democratic republic. there is 50% plus that would gladly vote you right out of every dime you earn and then say you owe it to them to keep working too and not slack off. You owe your {censored}ing DNA to society.

• Members

Sadly, many (though not all) of the people who are in debt will probably NOT use the rebates to help pay it off. Many (once again, not all) of such people are in debt precisely because they DON'T have good financial practices, including paying off debts. I hope I'm wrong though.

Our tax returns went to pay our house taxes from two years ago :D

TAX RETURNS FTW!!!

• Members

Because dumb people spend money needlessly, and smart people save.

Archived