Info on the Randall MTS line/modules, awesome design imo...; good, bad, comments?

panther_king

• Members

I've never actually even heard of the Randall MTS line until today, and I'm pretty impressed with the design and idea. That is, assuming it sounds good.

So it's a tube power section, with some built in pre-amp tubes, and then additional tubes on the individual modules, right? Anyone have one, or tried them out? I must say I'm slightly interested, as it would allow me to just pop in modules when needed. Any tips as to a certain model or modules I should try out and play if I get a hankering to look into it further? I'm already looking into the mesa/recto pre-amp section, and maybe some of the signature modules.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any STAY AWAY stories. :thu:

• Members

I'm intrested in some comments 2. I listened to the George Lynch Box but George himself played it. It sounded fantastic. But again HE played it.

The Kirk Hammet model looks way cool. I have not seen one in a store yet but want to try one out.

I love trying new amp and this seems like a great idea. Flexibility is so important.

• Members

I've never actually even heard of the Randall MTS line until today, and I'm pretty impressed with the design and idea. That is, assuming it sounds good.

So it's a tube power section, with some built in pre-amp tubes, and then additional tubes on the individual modules, right? Anyone have one, or tried them out? I must say I'm slightly interested, as it would allow me to just pop in modules when needed. Any tips as to a certain model or modules I should try out and play if I get a hankering to look into it further? I'm already looking into the mesa/recto pre-amp section, and maybe some of the signature modules.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any STAY AWAY stories.
:thu:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866469&highlight=randall+mts+thread

Read and enjoy:thu:

• Members

I'm intrested in some comments 2. I listened to the George Lynch Box but George himself played it. It sounded fantastic. But again HE played it.

The Kirk Hammet model looks way cool. I have not seen one in a store yet but want to try one out.

I love trying new amp and this seems like a great idea. Flexibility is so important.

The KH modules are awesome sounding too...I've been playing the MTS amps for a while now and I've had almost every module (some twice over :D) but the KH-3 really sounds awesome for high gainer...as does the KH-2 :thu:

• Members

I've got a RM100 half stack with the Recto, Plexi and Blackface modules. It's a kick-ass amp.

I'm pretty sure this will be my last amp.

As a point of reference, this is what I used before I got the Randall:

Marshall DSL100 stack

Laney AOR50 half stack

Marshall AVT50

Crate V16 Palomino

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

ADA MP-1 thru a Mesa 20/20

PodXT Pro rack setup

You won't be disappointed!

Archived