I want an ENGL cab...

mparsons

• Members

Seriously? Rock solid amps has it listed as MDF with a plywood baffle.

What are they made of? ENGL website says standard plywood... wtf is that?

Is there a difference between ENGL Pro and standard other than speakers? If not... NCD tomorrow :D :D :D

• Members

Seriously? Rock solid amps has it listed as MDF with a plywood baffle.

What are they made of? ENGL website says standard plywood... wtf is that?

Is there a difference between ENGL Pro and standard other than speakers? If not... NCD tomorrow
:D

Neph, standards are made of ordinary plywood. I assume like everyday plywood, not military grade or anything. Pro's and XXL's are made of siberian birch ply. Either way, you should buy it.

• Members

The standard is most definately made of MDF. That cab is not worth the money. You are pretty much paying for shipping, taxes, exchange rate etc.

The Pro cab is where it's at. To date one of the sexiest cabs I've ever played through. It is so crystal clear and massive sounding.

• Members
The standard is most definately made of MDF. That cab is not worth the money.
You are pretty much paying for shipping, taxes, exchange rate etc.

The Pro cab is where it's at. To date one of the sexiest cabs I've ever played through. It is so crystal clear and massive sounding.

Most definitely not.

Their is stuff costs more in Germany than in the US of A with the current exchange rate :cry:

• Members

ENGL looks better, its front loaded, and has a metal grille.

Funny..I always thought the Mesa Trad was front loaded. It gets 90% the same sound as the ENGL Vintage Pro..I've owned both.

The ENGL has a tad more low end.

• Members

nah, mesa is real loaded, you can't take the front off either.

diezel is front loaded too, but those cabs sound way different. extremely dry

haven't put the engl and mesa side by side yet, but played a gig on a friends engl cab once, sound was pretty good, clear and thick.

• Members

Funny..I always thought the Mesa Trad was front loaded. It gets 90% the same sound as the ENGL Vintage Pro..I've owned both.

The ENGL has a tad more low end.

Interesting. I'd guess the 90% would be the V30s, and the 10% would be cab construction.

• Members
Interesting. I'd guess the 90% would be the V30s, and the 10% would be cab construction.

The Mesa was a little harsher...but I put that down to speaker break at the time...but maybe it had a little to do with low end thickness of the ENGL too.

The ENGL stomps the Mesa as you start downtuning though :D

• Members
The Mesa was a little harsher...but I put that down to speaker break at the time...but maybe it had a little to do with low end thickness of the ENGL too.

The ENGL stomps the Mesa as you start downtuning though

You're giving me bad GAS for your cab, damn it. :D Like it wasn't bad enough already...

Archived