Peavey Bandit 112

shredrick

• Members

Tried this amp at a local music store today I was totally impressed with this thing did a comparison to a fender Deluxe tube amp and liked the peavey better does anyone have one of these amps and tell me what you think of it

thanks

• Members

Tried this amp at a local music store today I was totally impressed with this thing did a comparison to a fender Deluxe tube amp and liked the peavey better does anyone have one of these amps and tell me what you think of it

thanks

I have it, and am selling it, I bought in 2004, I loved it ar first then I tried other amps, the peavey bandit is far too muddy and muffled, the distortion is hard to "open up" i guess i just grew out of the heavy distortion music i liked back in Highschool. Its got good cleans though, really good.

250cdn if you want it.

• Members

I bought one of the new ones and I really like it alot. I sold a Valveking 1x12 to buy it. I like the over all tone and flexibility of the Bandit better. I replaced my speaker with a Celestion G12T-75 and it got even better. I have been VERY pleased with mine. I can take to any gig and cop any tone, and it has plenty of power for your average club gig. No regrets. It's a keeper. Funny thing, I bought it as a solid state backup to my Trace Elliot 50 watt tube amp. I actually play the Bandit alot more than the Trace. Don't get me wrong, the Trace has a great meaty crunch classic rock tone that kills (is better sounding in this respect than the Bandit), but it lists for 1700 bucks, it's heavy, higher maintenance, and not near as versatile as the Bandit is. You just can't beat the Bandit it for a small, do it all, powerful, reliable, affordable amp. Especially the new ones. Play with all of those switches, the power level on the back, the damping, the amp modes on the front, etc, lots of tones in there. I can use the classic gain channel with the gain at about 2 to 3 o'clock, and get a nice meaty classic rock grind that totally cleans up when I roll back my volume on the guitar and/or ease up on my pick attack. Not too many solid state amps out there that are this dynamic. Also, the adjustable lead boost via foot switch that works on BOTH channels is a very nice feature. Not sure why more amp manufacturers don't do this. I think Peavey nailed it with this one. My local guitar shop sells em as quick as they get em in. I go through lots of gear, and I'm keeping the Bandit.

• Members

The bandit is a solid amp and has seen a lot of different versions over the past 20+ years. They're known for being LOUD and usually tough as hell. They take pedal well if you want to experiment with different distortion pedals

• Members

For the cheap price, they are pretty amazing amps. I personally havn't found a SS amp that can beat it for the price and versatility it offers. The cleans are great and the distortion is really good also if you dial it in.

I've heard some say it's distortion is muddy and buzzy but mine is clear, crisp and very punchy sounding on the distortion channel. I guess you just have to know not to put the bass on 10 and use some mids.;)

I would recommend the Peavey Bandit to anyone that was looking for a fun, cheap amp. I have a Mesa Trem-o-verb and a Mesa Mark IV and still enjoy the hell out of the Bandit also. I've had mine for about 7 years now.

Peavey2.jpg

• Members

For the cheap price, they are pretty amazing amps. I personally havn't found a SS amp that can beat it for the price and versatility it offers. The cleans are great and the distortion is really good also if you dial it in.

I've heard some say it's distortion is muddy and buzzy but mine is clear, crisp and very punchy sounding on the distortion channel. I guess you just have to know not to put the bass on 10 and use some mids.
;)

I would recommend the Peavey Bandit to anyone that was looking for a fun, cheap amp. I have a Mesa Trem-o-verb and a Mesa Mark IV and still enjoy the hell out of the Bandit also. I've had mine for about 7 years now.

Peavey2.jpg

Your Bandit shrunk.

I dig it though :thu: Decent little amps.

• Members

Bandits are cool for smooth sounds - no decent brit grind to be had though. Cleans are so-so, but for hard rock and metal sounds at that price, they're hard to beat...

true there. They cant do the marshall midrange grind...but they do get plenty o nice chunk to play with, just not with that midrange :cry:

• Members

I have one just like the head pictured, but it's still a combo. The cleans are really good 'n' loud, I prefer the "vintage" mode, kinda "Blackface". The "high gain" mode on the lead channel is really good and, well, really high gain, even though the guy at GC said it didn't have enough gain for him (not Brootalz enough) I thought the "Modern" mode on the lead channel was {censored}e, super scooped. "Vintage" mode is good, but not for mild to mid-gain sounds, It does a great Sabbath/COC sound. The best crunchy/British sound is to be had on the Clean channel cranked with the T-dynamics turned way down. It's pretty versatile all in all. I want to try it with a Guv'nor to see if I can get some Marshallese out of it. I've got a speaker swap planned for it, too. I tried a G12M70 in it but the Sheffield went back in, as it sounded better. I have a feeling that with the right speaker, a Bandit can sound a lot better.

• Members

i had one years ago and flogged it to the lead guitarist in the band i was in. bandit and a 76 les paul in his hands provided one of the best hair metal lead sounds ive ever heard. That was the old one with the sheffield speaker about 1988

Archived