TesseracT:Rough clip with Axe FX showing off some of its effects & Superior 2

Tesseract

• Members

Very rough new clip ...doesn't really flow at the moment but i was just messing around with some grooves (hence why the slappy clean part clips slightly - my bad!)

Still havn't found a rhtyhm tone im 100% happy with yet but it'll take some time. Its getting a little better, just a bit flat and nasally at the moment. That aside it feels amazing to play and sounds a ton more "real" than a POD. The cleans & effects i love though.

The only problem i'm getting at the moment is the guitar clips quite a bit if i have my TC preamp or Boss EQ before the axe fx regardless of what the input or output volumes are set to. Bit odd. Could be something to do with the earthing/power etc.

http://acle.tesseractband.co.uk/TesseracT-August6idea-CF5or6-ROUGH.mp3

• Members

thanks jug! Cant believe you're selling your VHT! The axe is definatly a fun piece of gear though - just don't expect instant results when it comes to rhtyhm tone. The feel of it is awesome though!

Josh - i just program the drums with a good old mouse. Everything else spasticly played :p

• Members

thanks jug! Cant believe you're selling your VHT! The axe is definatly a fun piece of gear though - just don't expect instant results when it comes to rhtyhm tone. The feel of it is awesome though!

I love the VHT, but I'm only playing live with one band (sit in with another occassionally) on bass, and have ALOT of recording I want to do, and I can do it alot more efficiently with the Axe, AND if it's anywhere near as badass as the hype, it should be perfect for me, I LOVE tweaking my tone, and with the endless options to tweak and ability to do things I cant with regular gear, should be alot of fun.....

• Members

Ahh this mix is farrrrrr to bass heavy! Its a little disease i have at the moment...i could do with some more detailed monitors really like AE or KRK. Its thin sounding compared to the POD yeah ...thats what im trying to work on. If i A/B with the POD the POD sounds fuller but so much more harsh/fake.

Ya soz josh its direct!

This is all work towards the EP :p

• Members

Cool stuff, Acle. I think it's kinda weird you aren't finding a rhythm sound you like. Have you heard any of the stuff Mike Gilbert (Severed Savior) or Timmon (Cynic) have done with it? I know it's not the same kind of metal you're into, but they've done some awesome sounding stuff.

Are you playing bass too or is that pitch shifted guitar or a VSTi or something?

• Members

Try adding in an EQ late in the chain and boosting the high-mids a little. The sound is a *tiny* bit dark and a boost in that range might make the guitars cut a little more. You might even want to experiment with cutting some low mids and just raising the total guitar level.

Also, if you're getting problems with putting things before the guitar in the signal chain, how about putting them in the FX loop? Adjusting from there would probably be a lot easier to manage levels. Or, you could just skip the external eq altogether and just use the eq on the Axe-Fx. I mean, you've got an Ultra! The Ultra has what, 4 Parametric EQs and 2 or 4 Graphic EQs per patch?

Also, how about posting your patches on Axechange.net. :thu: Sounds fantastic!

• Members

Awesome clip ! I love it !

Josh - i just program the drums with a good old mouse. Everything else spasticly played
:p

Is it possible to program drum tracks with Superior 2 in the program itself?

Or do you still have to program the drums on a host?

• Members

WAAAYYY too much low mids!

Doesn't sound quite djenty enough, needs a more hyped high end to give it that metallic sound.

Lol wait I'm preaching to the master. I'm sure you know all of that lol

• Members

So now, is the majority of the gain your using on that clip comming from your TC pedal or the Ax? I'm super interested in getting an AX to replace my Pod Pro in my live set up.

I've tried email you a few times via the ol' myspace and ya haven't quite gotten back to me man. I'd love to chat with you about some stuff through there.

• Members

Hehe yeh a glorified pod but with good reason since the effects are amazing and the feel is great. I still like my POD though...simply cos ive used it for so long. I mean what thordendal does with the Vetta II is {censored}ing :eek:when you hear it in person. I think they're using Axe FX now apparently...curious to hear em live with it!!!

Lol yeah i was thinking too much low mid. I just picked a preset i made a couple of weeks back and wanted to make some grooves. This clip was the first clip i've done in ages with out my TC pre or Boss EQ where i dip alot of the low mid out to get the tightness and boost the high end for the jent. I don't know why its making this clippy noise i don't think it was doing it a few weeks back...maybe i wasn't listening out for it enough. Boosting the highs/presence so far on the Axe fx has left me with a boxy, radio sound so i need to keep tweaking. So many fagging options!

Green: Yeah an eq in the pedal in the loop wouldn't work for what i want it for. I prefer to do all that in nuendo when i can listen to it properlly. I'm using the drive blocks but a real boss eq pedal/tc pre work better :) Or using both together...and then the eqs in the axe fx......toooo much {censored}! haha. It needs more "rape" basically!

Superior 2: Best drum program/samples out there. The sound is amazing. Lush room sounds....again its pretty versitile and you can do alot with it style wise. Santuzzo: Its just a VSTi/sampler so yes you do need some kind of host or sequencer to trigger it. I think it has some kind of standalone version which i didn't install....i think thats just if you're using electronic drums though.

Archived