Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TesseracT:Rough clip with Axe FX showing off some of its effects & Superior 2

Very rough new clip ...doesn't really flow at the moment but i was just messing around with some grooves (hence why the slappy clean part clips slightly - my bad!)

Still havn't found a rhtyhm tone im 100% happy with yet but it'll take some time. Its getting a little better, just a bit flat and nasally at the moment. That aside it feels amazing to play and sounds a ton more "real" than a POD. The cleans & effects i love though.

The only problem i'm getting at the moment is the guitar clips quite a bit if i have my TC preamp or Boss EQ before the axe fx regardless of what the input or output volumes are set to. Bit odd. Could be something to do with the earthing/power etc.

http://acle.tesseractband.co.uk/TesseracT-August6idea-CF5or6-ROUGH.mp3
    Ibanez 1527 with Nailbomb pickup
    Mesa Dual Rectifier & Mesa 4x12
    ENGL Powerball & ENGL V60 4x12
    TC Integrated Preamp
    Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra!
    POD XT PRO, POD PRO, ISP Decimator
    Avalon 737 & Neumann 193

GAS:
    Diezel Herbert, Framus Camarillo 7 string,

www.4dsounds.com
    www.tesseractband.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/tesseract
    www.myspace.com/fellsilent

****************ing badass Acle..... as usual

Comment

Are all of the instruments programmed or simulated?
      good deals with: nearly everyone.
      Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

thanks jug! Cant believe you're selling your VHT! The axe is definatly a fun piece of gear though - just don't expect instant results when it comes to rhtyhm tone. The feel of it is awesome though!

Josh - i just program the drums with a good old mouse. Everything else spasticly played
        TC Integrated Preamp
        Avalon 737 & Neumann 193

GAS:

www.4dsounds.com
        www.tesseractband.co.uk

Comment

Is there a TesseracT cd available for sale anywhere? I love your work.
          Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
          Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
          Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
          ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Josh - i just program the drums with a good old mouse. Everything else spasticly played

So there were no amps at all......everything recorded direct?
            good deals with: nearly everyone.
            Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Very nice, sir. Very nice.
              BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

Everything you do sounds great. I thought the rhythm was maybe a little thin but in context it still sounds really good. Then again my speakers suck and have zero low end. Ill listen when I get home.

Comment

thanks jug! Cant believe you're selling your VHT! The axe is definatly a fun piece of gear though - just don't expect instant results when it comes to rhtyhm tone. The feel of it is awesome though!

I love the VHT, but I'm only playing live with one band (sit in with another occassionally) on bass, and have ALOT of recording I want to do, and I can do it alot more efficiently with the Axe, AND if it's anywhere near as badass as the hype, it should be perfect for me, I LOVE tweaking my tone, and with the endless options to tweak and ability to do things I cant with regular gear, should be alot of fun.....

Comment

Ahh this mix is farrrrrr to bass heavy! Its a little disease i have at the moment...i could do with some more detailed monitors really like AE or KRK. Its thin sounding compared to the POD yeah ...thats what im trying to work on. If i A/B with the POD the POD sounds fuller but so much more harsh/fake.

Ya soz josh its direct!
                    This is all work towards the EP
                    TC Integrated Preamp
                    Avalon 737 & Neumann 193

GAS:

www.4dsounds.com
                    www.tesseractband.co.uk

Comment

Cool stuff, Acle. I think it's kinda weird you aren't finding a rhythm sound you like. Have you heard any of the stuff Mike Gilbert (Severed Savior) or Timmon (Cynic) have done with it? I know it's not the same kind of metal you're into, but they've done some awesome sounding stuff.

Are you playing bass too or is that pitch shifted guitar or a VSTi or something?

Comment

That was ****************ing killer. I listened to it a few times. Let me know when the EP is done man.
                        Amps
                        Fender SuperSonic

Cabs
                        Avatar 2X12 with Eminence GB and V12

Guitars
                        Fender Custom Tele
                        88 Fender MIJ Strat
                        Ibanez Hollowbody
                        Ibanez Rg 550
                        Epiphone LP Custom

Comment

Is there a TesseracT cd available for sale anywhere? I love your work.

He has an EP.

As for a Tesseract album: Major Lulz. He will be my age when he is done tweaking.
                          Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

God damn you are an inspiration man. Everyone of your clips are fantastic. I love your clean/ambient parts, and wish i knew what effects you used to get that.

Can't wait for your tesseract album bro
                            My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                            Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Try adding in an EQ late in the chain and boosting the high-mids a little. The sound is a *tiny* bit dark and a boost in that range might make the guitars cut a little more. You might even want to experiment with cutting some low mids and just raising the total guitar level.

Also, if you're getting problems with putting things before the guitar in the signal chain, how about putting them in the FX loop? Adjusting from there would probably be a lot easier to manage levels. Or, you could just skip the external eq altogether and just use the eq on the Axe-Fx. I mean, you've got an Ultra! The Ultra has what, 4 Parametric EQs and 2 or 4 Graphic EQs per patch?

Also, how about posting your patches on Axechange.net. Sounds fantastic!
                              SPAM:
                              Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 - $350 (like-new, studio use only... smokeless environment)
                              ESP LTD Explorer, pre-lawsuit Gibson-style body, dot inlays, black - $600 (slightly-used, great condition. barely noticeable small ding on headstock)

My Avatar - Bianca Beauchamp

Comment

Working...
                              X