How did Flash Bathory die?

cisspcism

• Members

I checked the local newsrag's web site to see if they had any stories on her death, but found nothing. I also checked every day's obits since last Wednesday (the 3rd) for clues (often there are requests to send donations to a certain charity, etc, that gives a hint) but nothing there either.

Pretty sad situation.

• Members

I checked the obits from the local paper again earlier. I have checked all of them daily going back to the 3rd, looking for any that show a female around the same age. I doubt Flash Bathory is her birth name, though I've seen stranger ones before. I also searched for articles in the paper using her name, as well as "musician" and nothing comes up.

It does seem weird that there wouldn't at least be a small mention of her death, as Austin is well known for its pool of musical talent. If it does turn out to be a publicity stunt, whomever came up with that brilliant (sarc) idea should be slapped. That's a one-way ticket to ending a career, not boosting it.

• Members

I just saw this on Myspace, it's a girl who used to play drums with Flash. She says in her blog that Flash passed away in her sleep, but doesn't mention a cause.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=136821783

Always a tragedy when someone dies so young. She had some promise as a guitarist, too.

No one gets out alive, apparently...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I Flash's mom works where I do. I don't talk to her mom really so I can't offer some interesting insight other than yes this poor girl did die. where we work posted a flyer for our Employee Benevolent Fund (fancy way of saying we'll give money to help with things like this). If this ended up being a publicity stunt (which I know it won't) federal fraud charges would be pressed.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

The sad truth is... Some do die young.

I personally can not stand the style of guitar she played...it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

But I see any one who passes away at that young an age as a real tragedy.

My sincerest condolences go out to her family & friends.

Archived