Worth trading over? (Orange, Mesa content)

byekittie

• Members

So I have this Mesa Triple Recto, and lately there have been many people near my area wanting to trade or sell their Orange Rocker 30s and AD-30s, now i dont play metal or too much heavy gained music, I primarily use my channel two and my clean channel, do you guys think that trading my triple recto for an AD-30 is a good idea? I mean is it worth it? thanks in advance. :thu:

• Members

Im looking for decent cleans, i want loud cleans, the same way you would get on a recto.

YOu will not get decent or loud cleans on the Rocker 30. I just sold mine recently and got a Fender Supersonic....much better cleans all the way around. The R30 was heaven on the dirty channel but downright putrid on the clean channel.

• Members

Having been in a similar situation I would hang on to the recto.

I bought an AD30 to compliment my Dual Rectifier but I just didn't really care for it. Ended up selling it. The rectifier is much more versatile and the clean is definately better. Also, the 30's have a totally different feel in general so it might not be your cup of tea.

With that said a Rocker 30 would be better than the AD30, but you dont have a lot of option for the clean channel, just volume.

Archived