Has anyone ever removed the front panel on a Carvin Legacy?

peavey_impact

• Members

I'm talking about the front panel that has the grill and the fake leather {censored} behind it. I got the bright idea that it would look cool to take that out and just put a grill in it's place and once I pulled everything out of the cabinet (including the reverb tank), I was disappointed to find that the wooden blocks that the panel attaches to are apparently glued in place. I beat on it for a while hoping it would loosen up but no dice.

Anyone else ever try this? Maybe I'm just retarded, but I didn't see any easy to way to remove the thing without a saw :facepalm:

• Members

I did something like this with my JSX, it was actually a huge pain in the ass and the amp head would probably not have any resale value since I had to take a saw to it but I plan on keeping it and I like how it looks like this better. It was all wood panels behind those chrome pieces.

jsxsmpp3.jpg

p5020019io1.jpg

• Members
I did something like this with my JSX, it was actually a huge pain in the ass and the amp head would probably not have any resale value since I had to take a saw to it but I plan on keeping it and I like how it looks like this better. It was all wood panels behind those chrome pieces.

jsxsmpp3.jpg
p5020019io1.jpg

That looks awesome. :thu:

I guess I was hoping I wouldn't have to use a saw but I really think I will. I've had the amp for 3 years now.....I dont think I'll be selling it.

• Members

The wood pieces were in grooves and had small nails holding them in so the only way to get them out was to saw them, i had to saw through some nails as well, it was a huge pain in the ass. I don't know what the Carvin looks like though inside. I also put a blue light on it instead of the standard red.

Archived