No announcement yet.

Peavey XXX tubes . . .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XXX tubes . . .

I'm suspecting that the tubes on my recently purchased Peavey XXX are in need of replacing. With the settings on the Ultra and Crunch channel identical, the Ultra channel is a little lower in volume. I've been wanting to change the V1 tube anyways so I could lower the gain a little, so maybe its time to invest in a new set of tubes. As far as pre and power tubes, what's recommended? I've been itching to try EL34's. EL34's on the 5150 sound great, but I don't know how it would sound with this amp.
    Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

They sound fantastic on the XXX...closer to the JSX.
    Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

yeah no **************** LOL

typical HCAF.. dude plays 10 gigs his whole life..... and all of a sudden he's a ****************ing expert.

Fatboy F1(Gonzo)
    Framus Cobra(Gonzo)
    Solano Avenger(Gonzo)
    Engl Fireball(Gonzo)
    VHT Deliverance 120(Gonzo)
    Splawn Quickrod (Gonzo)
    Mako Dorado (Gonzo)
    Titan 200 watt Pig(Gonzo)
    Mesa Tremoverb(Gonzo)
    Peavey XXX(Gonzo)
    Diezel Einstein
    Peavey 6505
    Hughes & Kettner 4x12
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    Randall 4x12
    Fender 4x12

Comment

KT77's and SwampThang speakers. Ive been sayin it for years and Ill keep sayin it.
      '12 Carvin DC800
      '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
      ---
      Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
      AxeFX Ultra
      ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
      ---
      Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

I've been seeing a lot of YouTube videos of a JSX, and wow! Especially the Van Halen riffs on the JSX sound killer. Would a tube swap get the XXX in that ballpark or is the JSX a different animal?
        Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Working...
        X