Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Recovering deleted files

last june i had a bit of a fight with my computer after installing itunes and well... i deleted my entire user account on my computer, including the files on it.

is there any program i can use to recover these files? theres a certain song i wanna listen to and i can't find it anywhere... but i had it before my big episode.
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
    Electro Harmonix Pog 2
    Korg Pitchblack Tuner
    MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    MXR Micro Flanger
    Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
    Orange PPC412

How in the **************** did you manage that?
    BAND
    CRABCORE
    e-peen:

G&L ASAT Classic
    Fender American Roadhouse Strat
    ESP Hybrid II
    Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage II
    Orange PPC412

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

That thing tickling your throat? It's my cock in your mouth, suck it. Suck it good.

Comment

if you've written any files or defragmented since then, chances are its gone. However, if its there... theres a way to get it, but i havent found anybody who will tell me how yet.
      Missionary ov teh boosted midz
      I like to build things
      Good people: TomVanDeven, I.P. Freeley, Science!

Comment

by deleting the user? it's not hard

and when you delete it, it asks if youd like to delete the files too

i clicked yes
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
        Electro Harmonix Pog 2
        Korg Pitchblack Tuner
        MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
        MXR EVH Phase 90
        MXR Micro Flanger
        Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
        Orange PPC412

Comment

by deleting the user? it's not hard

and when you delete it, it asks if youd like to delete the files too

i clicked yes

this is what was made for
          BAND
          CRABCORE
          e-peen:

G&L ASAT Classic
          Fender American Roadhouse Strat
          ESP Hybrid II
          Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage II
          Orange PPC412

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

That thing tickling your throat? It's my cock in your mouth, suck it. Suck it good.

Comment

There's a program called PhotoRec that does a pretty decent job of recovering files, although I believe you need an operating system to run it. PhotoRec's free, but it's also pretty simple and I don't think it recovers file names. There's another program--the name of which eludes me right now--that does the same thing, only it's not freeware, and it does a better job of recovering files.

Here's what I would do:
            1) Download an .ISO of Knoppix Linux and run it off the live CD--you should be able to access whatever's left of your files if you try that.
            2) Post your question on a computer forum--it's highly likely you'll get better help there than you will here.

Good luck!
            Guitars: Seagull S6+CW, Epiphone LP Standard, Ovation CU247, Gretsch G5120, Seagull S12 (w/ JJB Prestige 330), Martin GPCPA3 Mandolins: Mid-Missouri M-2, WWII-era Octave MandolinAmps: Fender Princeton Chorus, Marshall AVT50H/AVT412, Crate VC120HEffects: EBow > AKG Wireless > Boss TU-2 > Boss PH-3 > EHX Doctor Q > Dunlop 535 Wah > Boss OS-2 > Boss EQ-20 > Boss CH-1 > Boss NS-2 > Boss RV-3
            LHGCC Participant ~ Jimmy Caper

Comment

I accidentally deleted a bunch graphics I did... paid a guy 160 dollars to recover them. He went through and got EVERY thing on my drive and put it on 8 DVDs. Embarrassingly, he of course saw all my pron. He kinda looked at me differently when I came to pick it up.:arg:

Comment

I accidentally deleted a bunch graphics I did... paid a guy 160 dollars to recover them. He went through and got EVERY thing on my drive and put it on 8 DVDs. Embarrassingly, he of course saw all my pron. He kinda looked at me differently when I came to pick it up.:arg:

LLLOOOLLL Oh well, you'll never see him again
                MIJ Telecaster | MIM stratocaster | Gibson SG Standard | Hamer Californian 27 fret | Mesa 2 chan Triple Rectifier | Marshal JMP | Marshall DSL100 | Avatar 4x12 with v30s | Peavey 4x12 with Green Berets

www.soundclick.com/sayocean

Originally Posted by cavemanic

a pot smoking ENGL player.....thats pretty much the ingredients for a worthless pile of **************** anyway

Comment

So you want to snoop on your GF, eh? No need for the story here
                  Main Rig:
                  LTD EC1000
                  Peavey 6505+
                  Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                  TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                  Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                  M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

after 4 months of using the hard drive... you're probably sol unless you pay big money (a data recovery company generally starts at $5k and there are no garuntees).
                    Originally Posted by warplanegrey

i take it in the ass

Comment

lol at the people that pay for a data recovery. If it's overwritten it's gone. The end.

The only companies that charge 1k+ for a recovery are with drives that are physically ****************ed.

You need to download some software. That's how other places will do it.

There are a bunch out there.

One I like a lot is called Final Data.
                      GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

lol at the people that pay for a data recovery. If it's overwritten it's gone. The end.

Thats not entirely true.
                        Originally Posted by warplanegrey

i take it in the ass

Comment

Thats not entirely true.

lol ok well if he has any hope recovering his song he better not have done it.

The means to recover something any further he won't get access to.
                          GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

I had a word doc that I editted and saved and wish I hadnt. Is there an easy way get the old version? This was probably a month or so ago.
                            Great transactions with: Holy-Diver, knucklefux, detunedman, Vinhoff, LordOVchaos, pfindeis, i.fly.away, tomh777, GodBlessTexas, lowbrow, deluxe74, mustaine-who?, RCC, NickCormier, thefyn, sweetbabyjezuz, steve39stripes, stevexdanger, troublehead, khastra_ksc, RobotbodiesBFF, DracoAran, scottcrud, justcrash, Khoifish321, VinnyH, 11justin22, DoubleBarrel, guitup, JonVengeance.

****************ty transactions: allan wwodrum

Comment

Send it to the feds with a note "I think my friend put child pron on it, wat should I do?". They'll recover every single file.
                              The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Working...
                              X