The most favorite amp you own and could not live without-

TheEsupremacy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

5150 combo w/ stock speakers. yeah I said it!! haha Had it since late 96. I still play it everyday. Its good for home or for band practice and gigs.. It is definitely my amp. And it was part of EVH's rig during one of their shows in Chicago. The shop I got it from was the local Peavey dealer and they got some of his rig from the night.. Or so they say.. They did have a whole {censored}load of 5150's and cabinets sitting in there. And I knew those guys pretty good, so I tend to believe them.. Knock on wood, it has never broken down on me, beside a bad tube or 2 popping a fuse..

• Members

5150 combo w/ stock speakers. yeah I said it!! haha Had it since late 96. I still play it everyday. Its good for home or for band practice and gigs.. It is definitely my amp. And it was part of EVH's rig during one of their shows in Chicago. The shop I got it from was the local Peavey dealer and they got some of his rig from the night.. Or so they say.. They did have a whole {censored}load of 5150's and cabinets sitting in there. And I knew those guys pretty good, so I tend to believe them.. Knock on wood, it has never broken down on me, beside a bad tube or 2 popping a fuse..

Cool story man! :thu:

Those stock Sheffield speakers are nowhere near as bad as everybody makes them out to be. They sound good in that combo, I totally agree with what you're saying. Eddie DID indeed use two combo's for gigs back in the mid 90's, they were sitting there mic'd on the right of Alex's drumset along with some other rack gear.

• Members

That's sad.
:(
Maybe an Axe FX rig would suit you best. I know you have your heart set on one.

If I play my cards right I could be ordering mine by the end of the week.

If it doesn't satisfy me... oh well, there are more amps out there :idk: and I still have my Rockmaster and my Mark IV which are my other two favorite amps ever. :rawk:

Archived