Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most favorite amp you own and could not live without-

Mine is for sure my 6505. I got lucky and got a really great sounding one. With a proper retube and the bias mod it really is "my tone". I totally understand why both this amp is so popular and so hated at the same time.
    What amp do you OWN that you simply and couldn't ever part with?

Either of my Valvetechs. Like you, I've found "my tone" in them.
    Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
    The Rub on MySpace
    The Rub on Soundclick
    The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

I don't own it yet

Though my JMP will more than likely be with me forever.
      There is no order in the world, save what death has put there.

Billows
      Fender::Matamp::Acoustic

Comment

5150 combo w/ stock speakers. yeah I said it!! haha Had it since late 96. I still play it everyday. Its good for home or for band practice and gigs.. It is definitely my amp. And it was part of EVH's rig during one of their shows in Chicago. The shop I got it from was the local Peavey dealer and they got some of his rig from the night.. Or so they say.. They did have a whole ****************load of 5150's and cabinets sitting in there. And I knew those guys pretty good, so I tend to believe them.. Knock on wood, it has never broken down on me, beside a bad tube or 2 popping a fuse..
        SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

5150 combo w/ stock speakers. yeah I said it!! haha Had it since late 96. I still play it everyday. Its good for home or for band practice and gigs.. It is definitely my amp. And it was part of EVH's rig during one of their shows in Chicago. The shop I got it from was the local Peavey dealer and they got some of his rig from the night.. Or so they say.. They did have a whole ****************load of 5150's and cabinets sitting in there. And I knew those guys pretty good, so I tend to believe them.. Knock on wood, it has never broken down on me, beside a bad tube or 2 popping a fuse..

Cool story man!
          Those stock Sheffield speakers are nowhere near as bad as everybody makes them out to be. They sound good in that combo, I totally agree with what you're saying. Eddie DID indeed use two combo's for gigs back in the mid 90's, they were sitting there mic'd on the right of Alex's drumset along with some other rack gear.

Comment

None yet. I've had things come close, even very close, but not quite there. Hoping the Axe-FX will fix that.
            Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
            Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
            Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
            Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

None yet. I've had things come close, even very close, but not quite there. Hoping the Axe-FX will fix that.

That's sad.
              Maybe an Axe FX rig would suit you best. I know you have your heart set on one.

Comment

my XTC.
                HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

My Legacy. Sure it's not super expensive like Diezels or Bogners but that simple little amp has mojo and balls
                  You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

That's sad.
                    Maybe an Axe FX rig would suit you best. I know you have your heart set on one.

If I play my cards right I could be ordering mine by the end of the week.

If it doesn't satisfy me... oh well, there are more amps out there and I still have my Rockmaster and my Mark IV which are my other two favorite amps ever.
                    Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
                    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
                    Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
                    Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

My Legacy. Sure it's not super expensive like Diezels or Bogners but that simple little amp has mojo and balls

Maybe that "mojo and balls" comes from you sir!

Comment

Maybe that "mojo and balls" comes from you sir!

Meh, I'm pretty sure it's the amp
                        You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

My ENGL SE
                          Peace

Slay

"You will do what I say when I say
                          Back to the Front!!!"

Comment

Meh, I'm pretty sure it's the amp

Right on.
                            I was trying to boost your self-esteem. That's what fellow friend forumites do!!
                            Rock on.

Comment

My Mark III. The funny thing is it's my backup for the Herbert right now, but it's still the amp I wouldn't part with more than any other I own. I could see myself selling the Herbert, but never the Mark III.
                              Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Custom 24
                              Amps: Diezel Herbert, Mesa/Boogie Mark III, Fender Super Reverb
                              Cabs: Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B, Mesa 2x12 Rectifier, Mesa 4x12 Road King, Marshall 1982a
                              Good Deals With: Metalhed, O'Rourke, Guiary, Outlaw128, 6StrngStrangler, sahlomonic

Comment

Working...
                              X