I am very suprised !!!

troublehead

• Members

004.jpg

I stopped at GC today to fool around with some amps. I plugged into an Egnater Rebel and it sounded pretty decent (through the Egnater 112). I walked away from it a few times and kept going back to it. In the end, I said what the hell and bought a new one in the box. I'm headed down to Austin next weekend to play a party gig with some of my old band mates from college and I thought it would be a nice compact setup.

When I got it home and plugged it into my Mojo 2x12 with Webers, I was simply blown away. Sounds so much better than the little Eganter cab.

It is a very thick and greasy sounding little amp. Perfect for just about any vintage Marshall sound at low volumes. I was suprised at how much gain it had........albeit loose sounding. I spent about an hour playing old ZZ Top licks. Then I put a Boss OD-3 in front and it pushed it right up to old school metal stuff. However, it isn't going to bring the modern brootz because the gain is just too squishy. And the 6V6 side sounds pretty bad to me. Really flat and woofy under gain. Might be better with my strat but I haven't tried that yet. But it sounds WAAAY better with my humbuckers on full EL84.

I honestly thought I would be disappointed when I brought it home.........but its definately a keeper:thu: I'll try to get some clips up this weekend, I think many of you will be suprised.

• Members
I honestly thought I would be disappointed when I brought it home.........but its definately a keeper:thu: I'll try to get some clips up this weekend, I think many of you will be suprised.

I think we all have a problem. I have bought gear that I knew I would be disappointed with and I still left the store with it. Talk about having a gear complex. :lol:

• Members

Personally, I really didn't like it at all. I thought the TT stomped all over it.

But glad you like it!

HNAD!

Different strokes for different folks ! I bought the Tiny Terror shortly after the initial hype and sent it back after 2 days. Then again, I hated the Rockerverb 50 as well.

• Members

Would the 5 watts be sufficient in a full band context though ?

I've got a little 15 watter Laney I bought here to use at the dorms. It doesn't do well with a loud drummer.

I literally have to crank it to 10, and it just can't handle that much volume. Starts crackling and sharting all over the place.

It's only a 1x10 combo though. With a 2x12 or a bigger cab it might work - barely though. So unless the Blackstar is obnoxiously loud for its meager 5 watts... I don't think it could handle that.

• Members

I've got a little 15 watter Laney I bought here to use at the dorms. It doesn't do well with a loud drummer.

I literally have to crank it to 10, and it just can't handle that much volume. Starts crackling and sharting all over the place.

It's only a 1x10 combo though. With a 2x12 or a bigger cab it might work - barely though. So unless the Blackstar is obnoxiously loud for its meager 5 watts... I don't think it could handle that.

:lol:

:oh

What about that youtube vid with rob chappers playing his 7watt TT with his band?

• Members

It has a 15/7 watt switch. Unless he stated it was on the 7 watt mode, I would assume he had it on the 15 watt setting.

He was doing a "full volume in a band setting test" with like 3-4 different ORange maps and the tiny terror was tested at both wattages and could still be heard at 7 :idk:

• Members

How heavy can it get with the overdrive in front?

That's a big 2x12... is it a 4x12 with two empty spots or a diagonal arrangement?

I'll make some clips this weekend and show you. Pretty damn heavy IMO.....but not a very "tight" heavy...........more like a sludgy Down/COC type heavy.

The cab is a Mojo diagonal 2x12. Hands down, the best 2x12 cab available IMO. Probably the best gear purchase I have ever made.

• Members

:lol:

:oh

What about that youtube vid with rob chappers playing his 7watt TT with his band?

Through a 4x12 maybe it can. A buddy of mine owned the TT for a while, and he said it kept up with a band just fine @ 7 watts, through a full size cab. :idk:

BTW, why does that Rob Chappers dude drool over Orange and PRS that much? Is he endorsed or something?

Archived