Legion Sound 4x12 Cab

Hillshire9

• Members

I was wondering if anyone has ever played a Legion Sound 4x12 cab. Are they any good. I would be running a Peavey Valveking head through it. I play mostly Ax7 and five finger death punch style stuff. I have the chance to pick it up for cheap so I was curious about it.

Thanks

• Members
I was wondering if anyone has ever played a Legion Sound 4x12 cab. Are they any good. I would be running a Peavey Valveking head through it. I play mostly Ax7 and five finger death punch style stuff. I have the chance to pick it up for cheap so I was curious about it.

Thanks

five finger death punch styleWhat the H is that? Anyway, they are bottom-feeder cabs. What drivers are in it? I think they are particle board too, aren't they?

• Members

I think those used to go for around roughly 200 new or sometimes less on ebay. particle bard cab, cheap speakers etc. I know Speakerhole which also sold as steelsound after they got kicked off ebay used to sell them alng with madison cabs. If you get it cheap enough and it sounds ok you might want to go ahead and get it but if you can get another better cab you can afford that'd probably be a better option even if you have to save up. It really is in what you need it for and can afford. Take a look and see if by chance someone changed out the speakers, just maybe you could get a deal if that's the case.

• Members

What the H is that?

You've never heard of Five Finger Death Punch?......they are pretty big right now.....as far as the price goes I can get it for $100.....to me that doesn't seem bad at all......worst case I would swap out the speakers and box them in each individually with 1/4 inch veneer core wood.

• Members

You already have a crap head, don't get a crap cab.

If you think the Valveking 100 head is crap head you just don't know how to use it then. The head is great and is perfect for the music I play and the places I play. Also I saved a ton of money compared to what some people are paying for amps. I'm not trying to start anything and if you wanna pay tons for an amp thats cool and i'm happyfor you. I just can't justify spending that much on a head that isn't really much different then any other head. I guess to each is own:idk:

• Members

If you think the Valveking 100 head is crap head you just don't know how to use it then. The head is great and is perfect for the music I play and the places I play. Also I saved a ton of money compared to what some people are paying for amps. I'm not trying to start anything and if you wanna pay tons for an amp thats cool and i'm happyfor you. I just can't justify spending that much on a head that isn't really much different then any other head. I guess to each is own:idk:

I have one, and then I bought a 6505+. 6505+ rapes it.

• Members

You are begging for trouble saying something like that on HCAF.

The VK is not a bad amp, but it isn't amazing either. I find this to be the case with any amp, but valvekings especially: With a good cab, they sound great. With a shitty cab, they sound horrible. The legion sound 4x12 is seriously the bottom of the bottom of the barrel. You can't really get any worse. I would recommend a behringer 4x12 before legion, and I wouldn't recommend a behringer to anyone.:cop:

Your best bet is to get something used. You can usually find Peavey 5150/XXX 4x12s for in the $200 range. They aren't bad, but they are far from the best. If you can suck it up with the whole Avatar thing, you should seriously consider one. They may not look the way you want, but I can guarantee that they sound better than just about anything in their price range.

• Members

i would recommend a b52 LS metal face grill cab before a legion cab.

at least the b52 has a lifetime warranty on the cab construction and 7 years on the speakers.

and regarding avatar cabs... the contemporary line cabs are pretty much an orange clone. built of baltic birch plywood. throw some v30s/g75's or wgs clones in it and you'll be extremely happy.

yet for the cost of an avatar, get an egnater cab or a b52 loaded v30 cab. same construction of a mesa standard rectifier cab

• Members

You've never heard of Five Finger Death Punch?......they are pretty shitty.....as far as the price goes I can get it for $100.....to me that doesn't seem bad at all......worst case I would swap out the speakers and box them in each individually with 1/4 inch veneer core wood.

fixed

dudemeet020nc.jpg

• Members

You've never heard of Five Finger Death Punch?......they are pretty big right now.....as far as the price goes I can get it for $100.....to me that doesn't seem bad at all......worst case I would swap out the speakers and box them in each individually with 1/4 inch veneer core wood.

Oh, I thought that was a playing style!:cry: But if the drivers are junk and you replace them, you are stuck with good drivers in a shitty box.

• Members

I had thought about getting the Windsor 4x12 or even the matching Valveking 4x12. This deal just came up so I thought I would see if it would be worth it beings i'm looking for a cab right nowand it was cheap. I never heard of them so I thought it might be a pretty good deal because honestly there are alot of brands on this HCAF that I have never heard of. Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna pass on that cab.

• Members
I had thought about getting the Windsor 4x12 or even the matching Valveking 4x12. This deal just came up so I thought I would see if it would be worth it beings i'm looking for a cab right nowand it was cheap. I never heard of them so I thought it might be a pretty good deal because honestly there are alot of brands on this HCAF that I have never heard of. Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna pass on that cab.

w/o finding what is in it for drivers?

• Members

five finger death Punch? Isn't that the band with the jackass singer holding brass knuckles and trying to look like a badass? Their tone = beating a tin roof with a hammer legion might be the route you wanna go in that case

Haha....I never said I was a big fan and personnally I hate the way everything sounds on their cd. I think the way my band plays "Never Enough" sounds way beefer and way fuller anyway.

• Members

Thanks

Press board ain't all bad if your running a primo head & playing straight thrash. They're real punchy (cool) but tend to lack resonance.

• Members

I have a partical board 4X12 but it never leaves the house. I manily use it for thrash metal self indulgence (musical masterbation). I love to just play loud a couple hours a week and it fills that need.

I put celestion G 35L silverbacks in it for the speaker distortion inherant to low wattage speakers. Punchy and crunch, 2 great tastes that taste great together!:rawk:

Archived