1x12" stacks lounge

danut

• Members

Inspired by the 1x12" Bogner "fullstack" I just saw in another thread, I decided to open a separated thread, dedicated to 1x12" stacks. Post your 1x12" halfstacks or fullstacks, they look so cool and different from that bland, run of the mill looking 4x12" halfstacks.

Here's mine, not an amp stack per se, but in the same vein:

DSC00446-resized.jpg

It's based on a Tech 21 TRI-AC preamp and two Power Engine 60 1x12" powered cabinets, plus some pedals in front and after the preamp.

I hope this thread won't sink like crazy...:cool:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Inspired by the 1x12" Bogner "fullstack" I just saw in another thread, I decided to open a separated thread, dedicated to 1x12" stacks. Post your 1x12" halfstacks or fullstacks, they look so cool and different from that bland, run of the mill looking 4x12" halfstacks.

Here's mine, not an amp stack per se, but in the same vein:

DSC00446-resized.jpg

It's based on a Tech 21 TRI-AC preamp and two Power Engine 60 1x12" powered cabinets, plus some pedals in front and after the preamp.

I hope this thread won't sink like crazy...
:cool:

I don't have a 1x12 stack, but I must say the concept of your rig is intriguing to me. What types of sounds are you going for/getting, and how do you like it?

• Members

I don't have a 1x12 stack, but I must say the concept of your rig is intriguing to me. What types of sounds are you going for/getting, and how do you like it?

Well, I don't know how familiar is to you the SansAmp tube amp emulating technology, but in the end of the day, I have three SansAmp tones at my disposal (let's say "in the vein" of Fender Twin, Marshall Plexi and Mesa/Boogie Mark series) transparently amplified by the Tech 21 powered cabinets.

Considering a Fulltone Fat-Boost and a Keeley TS-9 in front of the preamp (both set as always on, mild clean boosts) and a Keeley DD-3 and a Holy grail after it, I'd say I have a solid basic tone, I'm very happy with.

• Members

aw hell- he even plays rev's too!

que pasa rockapede-- ain't seen y' round much lately!

I didn't even notice that Double Agent until just now! I get tunnel vision every once in a while :lol:. I still think the Reverend import guitars are far and away the best in their price range.

I've been good, but busy. Job searching :facepalm:, as the full-time band has become less than full-time in the down economy. I usually log on every day or so but don't have a whole lot of time to post.

• Members

Thought I'd throw a little retro in for good measure. These are actually 10's. The top is a hotrodded Princeton I made with a C10Q in it. (yes the Jensen 10's actually sound good) The bottom is a closed back with an Emi Ramrod in it.

DSC01552-1.jpg

oooh.. i LIKE that'n....

what's the ramrod all about?

• Members

Thought I'd throw a little retro in for good measure. These are actually 10's. The top is a hotrodded Princeton I made with a C10Q in it. (yes the Jensen 10's actually sound good) The bottom is a closed back with an Emi Ramrod in it.

DSC01552-1.jpg

Gorgeous! I love the sound of 10s, especially in a Princeton.

• Members

This is my current 1x12 halfstack:

2199new1x12cabbuild006sww6.jpg

The head height is a little odd proportionally for the 1x12 cab. I may just be more used to how it looked atop the old 2x12 though. :idk:

Looks like i also need to restretch the grillcloth on the head there. In general that stuff doesn't like being applied like tolex, it seems! :D

-chris

• Members

It's got a nice tight/punchy bottom that mates well with the Jensen.

I used a Hammond 125ESE OT in this running parallel 6v6's. The big E string sounds like a piano
:thu:

wow.. parallel single endeds, huh? that's bad as hell!

is she loud enough to gig with a drummer playing rock?

i bet that thing sounds huge to tape!

• Members

Chris, did you build that? The cabinet looks fantastic.

Jess. I built the head a while back, and the 1x12 a couple weeks ago to stave off broken arm healingtime boredom! It is a little ugly close up, as i didn't really "finish" finishing it. It should get a light sanding and another coat of varnish, but i probably won't get to it until summer when the drying time goes down a bunch with the increase in heat. I hate waiting for that stuff!

-chris

• Members

Jess. I built the head a while back, and the 1x12 a couple weeks ago to stave off broken arm healingtime boredom! It is a little ugly close up, as i didn't really "finish" finishing it. It should get a light sanding and another coat of varnish, but i probably won't get to it until summer when the drying time goes down a bunch with the increase in heat. I hate waiting for that stuff!

-chris

Nice looking stuff, though, and very unique. I know what you mean about finishing. I made a pair of stereo speakers about 10 years ago, and 1/2 the time was building them, 1/2 the time was finishing them. Drove me NUTS!

Archived