No announcement yet.

1x12" stacks lounge

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1x12" stacks lounge

Inspired by the 1x12" Bogner "fullstack" I just saw in another thread, I decided to open a separated thread, dedicated to 1x12" stacks. Post your 1x12" halfstacks or fullstacks, they look so cool and different from that bland, run of the mill looking 4x12" halfstacks.

Here's mine, not an amp stack per se, but in the same vein:

It's based on a Tech 21 TRI-AC preamp and two Power Engine 60 1x12" powered cabinets, plus some pedals in front and after the preamp.

I hope this thread won't sink like crazy...
    My band's page: www.defender-music.net

naw.. i'm always game for a 112 stack thread... although i think i'm the only one...

Comment

Inspired by the 1x12" Bogner "fullstack" I just saw in another thread, I decided to open a separated thread, dedicated to 1x12" stacks. Post your 1x12" halfstacks or fullstacks, they look so cool and different from that bland, run of the mill looking 4x12" halfstacks.

Here's mine, not an amp stack per se, but in the same vein:

It's based on a Tech 21 TRI-AC preamp and two Power Engine 60 1x12" powered cabinets, plus some pedals in front and after the preamp.

I hope this thread won't sink like crazy...

I don't have a 1x12 stack, but I must say the concept of your rig is intriguing to me. What types of sounds are you going for/getting, and how do you like it?
      Good traders: germanicus2112, lpengineer, poopie, blackmonday, Jarrett, Used666, FedexPope, rvschulz, JonathanD, LithiumZero, StratoSlacker, solly, mikeman, ajboy238, Dolflundgren, Dixie 10-8, Mesa4x12er2, So Much to Say, CoolDrum3, JoshuaTSP, rabott13, kidgloves, chrisjnyc, aporcelainsky, fliprose, les_paul, slashfacepalm, SouthTownFlyer

Comment

HC Geezer Brigade Trooper #51

Comment

I don't have a 1x12 stack, but I must say the concept of your rig is intriguing to me. What types of sounds are you going for/getting, and how do you like it?

aw hell- he even plays rev's too!

que pasa rockapede-- ain't seen y' round much lately!

Comment

Only one of my 1x12s is pictured here, but you can use your imaginations to visualize the full stack of 1x12s...

Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Originally Posted by nightflameauto

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
            Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
            TUNES!

Comment

Well, I don't know how familiar is to you the SansAmp tube amp emulating technology, but in the end of the day, I have three SansAmp tones at my disposal (let's say "in the vein" of Fender Twin, Marshall Plexi and Mesa/Boogie Mark series) transparently amplified by the Tech 21 powered cabinets.
              Considering a Fulltone Fat-Boost and a Keeley TS-9 in front of the preamp (both set as always on, mild clean boosts) and a Keeley DD-3 and a Holy grail after it, I'd say I have a solid basic tone, I'm very happy with.
              My band's page: www.defender-music.net

Comment

aw hell- he even plays rev's too!

que pasa rockapede-- ain't seen y' round much lately!

I didn't even notice that Double Agent until just now! I get tunnel vision every once in a while . I still think the Reverend import guitars are far and away the best in their price range.

I've been good, but busy. Job searching , as the full-time band has become less than full-time in the down economy. I usually log on every day or so but don't have a whole lot of time to post.
                Good traders: germanicus2112, lpengineer, poopie, blackmonday, Jarrett, Used666, FedexPope, rvschulz, JonathanD, LithiumZero, StratoSlacker, solly, mikeman, ajboy238, Dolflundgren, Dixie 10-8, Mesa4x12er2, So Much to Say, CoolDrum3, JoshuaTSP, rabott13, kidgloves, chrisjnyc, aporcelainsky, fliprose, les_paul, slashfacepalm, SouthTownFlyer

Comment

1x12 huh? I have one in my trunk
                  FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD
                  Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/
                  Intern of Teh

Originally Posted by abecon5

what kind of toan will i get if i replace my maps tranny with a she-male???

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

It is a scientific fact that it is impossible to look uncool rippin' on a Sexplorer!

Originally Posted by ATauO

ah shiz.. here comes the asstroglide ampclowns

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

I don' know who this Solandow guy is, but I think he's full of ****************.

Comment

--
                    Karl Winkler
                    Lectrosonics, Inc.
                    KW Photography
                    Giovanni String Quartet

Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being under a silvery moon which then explodes for no adequately explored reason.
                    -Douglas Adams

Comment

Thought I'd throw a little retro in for good measure. These are actually 10's. The top is a hotrodded Princeton I made with a C10Q in it. (yes the Jensen 10's actually sound good) The bottom is a closed back with an Emi Ramrod in it.
                      Sometimes I'm good, then I'm bad..

Comment

Thought I'd throw a little retro in for good measure. These are actually 10's. The top is a hotrodded Princeton I made with a C10Q in it. (yes the Jensen 10's actually sound good) The bottom is a closed back with an Emi Ramrod in it.

oooh.. i LIKE that'n....

what's the ramrod all about?

Comment

Gorgeous! I love the sound of 10s, especially in a Princeton.
                          --
                          Karl Winkler
                          Lectrosonics, Inc.
                          KW Photography
                          Giovanni String Quartet

Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being under a silvery moon which then explodes for no adequately explored reason.
                          -Douglas Adams

Comment

oooh.. i LIKE that'n....

what's the ramrod all about?

It's got a nice tight/punchy bottom that mates well with the Jensen.
                            I used a Hammond 125ESE OT in this running parallel 6v6's. The big E string sounds like a piano
                            Sometimes I'm good, then I'm bad..

Comment

Yes.
                              Vox AC30/6 TBX -- Celestion Blues & Greenbacks -- Strats and Teles -- MSD Silver Machine/Pigtronix Mothership w/expression pedal/Fulltone OCD/Boss SD-1 w/Monte Allums GT mod/Boss HM-2/WMD Geiger Counter/Digitech Synth Wah/EXH Stereo Pulsar/Eventide Timefactor/EHX Cathedral

Good deals with: |||, coryaedwards, Voltaire, chris_d, The_Tourist, hvymtl939, ffemt596, GCDEF, pbone, Marc Duchesne, MetalHed (x2), Dark Angel, and various others.

http://www.republicofgarda.com

Comment

Working...
                              X