Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's your favourite single coils?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's your favourite single coils?

My two favourites are Fender Custom shop 69's and Curtis Novak hand winds, with the Novaks being my favourite out of them.

I love the 69's and have a neck and middle with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge. I love how raw and woody they are, just prefect for blues and Hendrix of course.

The Novaks just blow me away ever time I plug them in. I have never truly loved every position on a Strat until I got these. Just magic tone both clean and driven.

I've used BG, Aniquities, Fralin and Bareknuckles but for me the 69's and the Novaks are the ****************.

The funny thing is that I don't like like the tone I get out of the singles on my Laney GH50L but they sound fantastic through my Laney Lionheart.

So what's your favourite.

Real Gibson P90s.
    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
    -For Sale:
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

My Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups when split with the coil tap
      Originally Posted by Spacehog26

Sonic Maximisers are...the musical equivalent
      of a turd polisher.

"This isn't 4chan you idiot"- anon.

Originally Posted by lfrz93

btw petejt,
      is that you in your avatar?

Originally Posted by petejt

-----
      My list of gear is here
      Mesa/Boogie Mob

Comment

I have a set of Fender Custom shop something or another in my 66' CS strat. They are about the strattiest sounding pickups I've had in a strat in a long time. I even put in a treble bleed cap so I can roll the volume off and clean up without losing treble.
        -Rich

Comment

Fat 50's.............hands down for me.
          Morris and Vox Amps
          Orange Cabs
          Gibson and Fender Guitars

Comment

The ones that aren't single coils.
            Originally Posted by Mrak_III

I'm a dumbass

Originally Posted by Dropsix

a child is coming out of your vagina......must hurt

Comment

I'm in love with my Fralin Vintage Hots and SP43.
              There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Comment

Fat 50's.............hands down for me.

Never tried those, but would love too. Unfortunately I would need another Strat cause the Novaks and 69's aint coming out.

Good reason to buy another one I say.

Comment

I'm not sure what's in my Eric Johnson strat, but they sound AWESOME. When I bought it a few years ago I was planning on getting the American Deluxe. But when I plugged in the EJ strat out of curiosity I was like, "Aw crap, there goes a few hundred more dollars.". I had to have it instead. The middle pickup is especially awesome for some reason.

Comment

I'm not sure what's in my Eric Johnson strat, but they sound AWESOME. When I bought it a few years ago I was planning on getting the American Deluxe. But when I plugged in the EJ strat out of curiosity I was like, "Aw crap, there goes a few hundred more dollars.". I had to have it instead. The middle pickup is especially awesome for some reason.

Fat 50's ?

Comment

Its a toss-up between Dimarzio YJM/HS3 and whatever came in my buddy's MIM Fender Strat.

least favorite were whatever pickups Fender was sticking in Strats back in the 70s, thin and harsh
                      official club member

RIG

axes:
                      1979 Fender Stratocaster, Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster, Schecter C-1 Blackjack

pedals:
                      Boss NS-2, Maxon OD-9

amps:
                      Peavey VTM120

cabs:
                      Marshall 1960A

good deals with: strungup, some other guy from mass, Facing Failure, omor

Comment

Whatever is in my tele.

Not sure, think it's a Texas Special tele bridge and strat neck.
                        ORANGE AMPS
                        Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

The Lindy Fralin Blues Specials in my Tele are very nice.

Comment

Fat 50's ?

I think the Eric Johnson Strat has custom Eric Johnson pickups.
                            Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

Hopefully the Fralin SP43 I have on the way

The ones that aren't single coils.

FlamingFail
                              MIJ Telecaster | MIM stratocaster | Gibson SG Standard | Hamer Californian 27 fret | Mesa 2 chan Triple Rectifier | Marshal JMP | Marshall DSL100 | Avatar 4x12 with v30s | Peavey 4x12 with Green Berets

www.soundclick.com/sayocean

Originally Posted by cavemanic

a pot smoking ENGL player.....thats pretty much the ingredients for a worthless pile of **************** anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X