Fender Roc Pro 1000?

gappa

• Members

Definitely one of the best SS heads out there IMO, and a steal at the price. It's got a relatively warm clean, very nice sounding although a bit trebly so watch what speakers you're using. Great gain, can get pretty br00tal; at least as much as I'd need to. Not insanely loud for 100 watts but good enough for practice if you don't have a super hard-hitting drummer or you're not trying to compete with a really loud tube head.

Naturally it's not the greatest amp ever but for the cost it's awesome. Also they are very light and portable.

• Members

I have the 112 combo and I like it. It has a Marshally overdrive, but the tone leans more toward the upper middle frequencies than a Marshall amp.

One gain channel is louder than the other, and the gain controls can be set independently. I set the gain lower on the quieter channel for rhythm and the gain higher on the louder channel for lead.

• Members

Definitely one of the best SS heads out there IMO, and a steal at the price. It's got a relatively warm clean, very nice sounding although a bit trebly so watch what speakers you're using. Great gain, can get pretty br00tal; at least as much as I'd need to. Not insanely loud for 100 watts but good enough for practice if you don't have a super hard-hitting drummer or you're not trying to compete with a really loud tube head.

Naturally it's not the greatest amp ever but for the cost it's awesome. Also they are very light and portable.

This.

And they make excellent back up heads due to the cost and reliablilty...

I just got rid of one Id had for almost ten years...

Sold it for $100 to a friend.

Im sure Ill be missing that thing down the line..

• Members

I had the 1 12 combo for awhile. The clean is pretty nice, and the overdrive side has a lot of gain. Not the best sound quality though. Good and cheap, not a long term solution though. This thing will give you mega gas in that you will love it at first, and grow to hate to it and want to upgrade it.

• Members

I had the 1 12 combo for awhile. The clean is pretty nice, and the overdrive side has a lot of gain. Not the best sound quality though. Good and cheap, not a long term solution though. This thing will give you mega gas in that you will love it at first, and grow to hate to it and want to upgrade it.

I don't know about that. I just bought a second one because I dig them so much. Did you ever try yours without the stock Fender speaker? V30s really make the amp shine.

• Members

I don't know about that. I just bought a second one because I dig them so much. Did you ever try yours without the stock Fender speaker? V30s really make the amp shine.

Never through V30's, I tried it through my Basson cab though and I remember thinking it sounded under powered and kinda wierd.

• Members

Hmmm. Thanks for the info! I have a friend who has one for sale for $200 so I may go ahead and grab it. No foot switch but I can work around that.

I've read that it's incredibly loud...Is this for true?

• Members

Hmmm. Thanks for the info! I have a friend who has one for sale for $200 so I may go ahead and grab it. No foot switch but I can work around that.

I've read that it's incredibly loud...Is this for true?

If it's the head, thats a bit much. $150 would be more like it, especially without the footswitch.

• Members

The stock Eminence speaker in the Roc Pro 1000 sounds similar to a Celestion G12M70, and even the cone looks the same. I had a Celestion Vintage 30 in my Roc Pro for a while, but I found it to be too trebly and I reverted back to the original speaker.

The Roc Pro 700 combo and the Roc Pro GE412 cabinet have Eminence FS12 speakers in them, and the FS12 is not the same speaker as what is in the Roc Pro 1000 combo.

The FS12 speakers in the 700 combo and GE412 cabinet have a papery thuddy sort of tone that is the absolute {censored}s for playing hard rock or heavy metal. I have other Fender solid state amps that had FS12s in them and I quickly replaced them with Celestions.

• Members

Well.. the Roc pro has not been tested loud but I DO likes it so far.

As I mentioned the reverb does not work. I noticed a slight buzz/hum coming from the amp and narrowed it down to the reverb knob. When on 0 it is slight but sounds almost like noise from gain/distortion etc. As you turn up the verb knob it really gets loud. I disconnected the cables from the reverb tank but the sound remains.

Any ideas/diagnosis/solutions?

• Members

The FS12 speakers in the 700 combo and GE412 cabinet have a papery thuddy sort of tone that is the absolute {censored}s for playing hard rock or heavy metal. I have other Fender solid state amps that had FS12s in them and I quickly replaced them with Celestions.

I have a couple of those in a 2 x 12 cab that I use with my JCM800 2204 occasionally. They kinda remind me of a Celestion G1275 in that they are a bit scooped which really isn't too bad for a JCM800 since they tend to have a midrange spike to them anyway. I just ramp up the mid knob and cut some more treble and bass and they don't sound all that bad.

To the OP: I used to have the RocPro1000 combo and 4 x 12 cab. Wish I still had the combo for small jams. Not bad for a SS. Not very loud though. About the equivelant to a 15 - 20 watt tube amp. But, if your not with a heavy hitting drummer you do fine.

Archived