X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Roc Pro 1000?

The reviews seem pretty good for this head. Any users out there? Tell me bout it

btw search doesn't seem to find anything for me ever
    Guitar
    Some pedals
    Amp
    Rawk

My Bands

The Alder Kings horror surf

Former:

Sinister Fate

Compliant

First Jason

they're ok for what they are... not as good as tube amp but better than most SS/hybrids.
    http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

Definitely one of the best SS heads out there IMO, and a steal at the price. It's got a relatively warm clean, very nice sounding although a bit trebly so watch what speakers you're using. Great gain, can get pretty br00tal; at least as much as I'd need to. Not insanely loud for 100 watts but good enough for practice if you don't have a super hard-hitting drummer or you're not trying to compete with a really loud tube head.

Naturally it's not the greatest amp ever but for the cost it's awesome. Also they are very light and portable.
      Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
      Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
      Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
      Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

I have the 112 combo and I like it. It has a Marshally overdrive, but the tone leans more toward the upper middle frequencies than a Marshall amp.

One gain channel is louder than the other, and the gain controls can be set independently. I set the gain lower on the quieter channel for rhythm and the gain higher on the louder channel for lead.
        My web site / music

Comment

A friend had the combo, and from what I can remember it had good cleans and a surprisingly nice overdrive. Since you can get them dirt cheap they are a good buy.

And hey, if it
          Founder of the Rivera Lounge
          Member of the Jackson Nation

Comment

Definitely one of the best SS heads out there IMO, and a steal at the price. It's got a relatively warm clean, very nice sounding although a bit trebly so watch what speakers you're using. Great gain, can get pretty br00tal; at least as much as I'd need to. Not insanely loud for 100 watts but good enough for practice if you don't have a super hard-hitting drummer or you're not trying to compete with a really loud tube head.

Naturally it's not the greatest amp ever but for the cost it's awesome. Also they are very light and portable.

This.

And they make excellent back up heads due to the cost and reliablilty...
            I just got rid of one Id had for almost ten years...
            Sold it for $100 to a friend.
            Im sure Ill be missing that thing down the line..
            My band.

http://www.myspace.com/yearofthemoth

me.
            http://www.myspace.com/dye99tx

Comment

I have 2 Roc Pro heads and I love them to death.

Just don't pair them with the Fender Special Design speakers. They suck ass.
              PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

they're ok for what they are... not as good as tube amp but better than most SS/hybrids.

Sounds great to me.......................

Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
                Jorg Bogner amps
                John Suhr
                Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
                Bruce Egnater
                Gutierrez Guitars
                Ed Degenaro THD Amps
                Trace VooDoo Amps
                Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

They also respond like a tube amp in that the dirty side cleans up nicely when you roll off your guitar's volume knob. They don't respond like a tube amp in that they don't compress at higher volumes, which is why I ultimately sold mine.
                  Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
                  The Rub on MySpace
                  The Rub on Soundclick
                  The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

I had the 1 12 combo for awhile. The clean is pretty nice, and the overdrive side has a lot of gain. Not the best sound quality though. Good and cheap, not a long term solution though. This thing will give you mega gas in that you will love it at first, and grow to hate to it and want to upgrade it.
                    Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

I had the 1 12 combo for awhile. The clean is pretty nice, and the overdrive side has a lot of gain. Not the best sound quality though. Good and cheap, not a long term solution though. This thing will give you mega gas in that you will love it at first, and grow to hate to it and want to upgrade it.

I don't know about that. I just bought a second one because I dig them so much. Did you ever try yours without the stock Fender speaker? V30s really make the amp shine.
                      PROLETARIAT

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

I don't know about that. I just bought a second one because I dig them so much. Did you ever try yours without the stock Fender speaker? V30s really make the amp shine.

Never through V30's, I tried it through my Basson cab though and I remember thinking it sounded under powered and kinda wierd.
                        Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

Hmmm. Thanks for the info! I have a friend who has one for sale for $200 so I may go ahead and grab it. No foot switch but I can work around that.
                          I've read that it's incredibly loud...Is this for true?
                          Guitar
                          Some pedals
                          Amp
                          Rawk

My Bands

Former:

Sinister Fate

Compliant

First Jason

Comment

Hmmm. Thanks for the info! I have a friend who has one for sale for $200 so I may go ahead and grab it. No foot switch but I can work around that.
                            I've read that it's incredibly loud...Is this for true?

If it's the head, thats a bit much. $150 would be more like it, especially without the footswitch.
                            PROLETARIAT

Comment

Matt-

Thanks. I found out the reverb does not work as well so maybe I will make a counter offer.
                              I'll have unlimited time to try it out either way.
                              Guitar
                              Some pedals
                              Amp
                              Rawk

My Bands

Former:

Sinister Fate

Compliant

First Jason

Comment

Working...