Marshall MG100HDFX **OR** Valvestate VS 100????

J-chot

• Members

edit:

YOU'LL ALL BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT i WAS ABLE TO SCROUNGE UP A PEAVEY ROADMASTER FOR 300$.... i AM EXCITED.

160 WATTS OF TUBE POWER!!!!

should I get a Marshall MG100HDFX for 175$,

or should I get a Marshall Valvestate VS 100 for $200

help me out here guys!!!

(if it helps, I'm using it for lead sounds (almost entirely single notes....long story...), metal sounds....and I get all my tone from my pedals...

sooooooo....yeah. help me out plz k thanks bye.

AH! there is one more option of a crate gx-1200h for $175....dunno if that means anything.

• Members

the valvestate vs100 is the best of that bunch.

I owned one and was glad to sell it.

but if you use pedals for your sound as you said, you could make it work.

maybe with a decent 212 cabinet.

it has an effects loop, and the clean was not bad.

And good luck.

• Members

I'm running a complicated rig that involves a bass tuned to fifths with a banjo string on it that has a guitar pickup and a seperate out hacked into it. I play alone with a drummer, and I need "knife in the eardrum" and "buzzsaw" and attack. this particular channel (guitar) is going to go through a digitech whammy and a big muff. (low cut filter applied as to not let any of those nasty sub waves ruin a guitar speaker)

so please don't give me this "neither, you should get something that a working parent from alabama with no college degree can't afford, let alone replace if you {censored} it up" (which there is a good likelyhood that I will, just by cranking it up too much and towing it about.)

I ASSURE YOU, i KNOW WHAT i'M DOING......KINDA....JUST STAND BACK AND QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS....AND GET EARPLUGS....

• Members

I'm running a complicated rig that involves a bass tuned to fifths with a banjo string on it that has a guitar pickup and a seperate out hacked into it. I play alone with a drummer, and I need "knife in the eardrum" and "buzzsaw" and attack. this particular channel (guitar) is going to go through a digitech whammy and a big muff. (low cut filter applied as to not let any of those nasty sub waves ruin a guitar speaker)

so please don't give me this "neither, you should get something that a working parent from alabama with no college degree can't afford, let alone replace if you {censored} it up" (which there is a good likelyhood that I will, just by cranking it up too much and towing it about.)

I ASSURE YOU, i KNOW WHAT i'M DOING......KINDA....JUST STAND BACK AND QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS....AND GET EARPLUGS....

sigged for teh true statement FTW

• Members

or go suck d!ck on the street corner for a couple of weeks and get a XXX

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!

THANK YOU FOR THIS INSIGHTFUL AND PARTICULARLY CLEVER MONEY MAKING SCHEME!

I CAN'T LOOSE!

(you're silly.)

yeah, I really wish I kept all that money from when I was growing shrooms though..... I think I spent it all on booze and taking my wife out....

• Members

can't you get the vox cheap solid state amp for the same price:idk:

those seem to do all right around here...

had an MG and it sucked:facepalm:

Now i have a Carvin x-60b that cost me ~$300 and the difference is night and day...

for you i would recomend a Laney AOR or something around those lines :idk:

• 7 years later...
  • Members

ULTRA NECRO BUMP!!!!!! I SIGNED UP TO THE SITE JUST TO LEAVE THIS COMMENT.

~~~DONT YOU GUYS REALIZE YOURE TALKING TO ONE 1/2 OF LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW SMOKES!!!!!!!!! THIS GUY HAS THE POWER OF SALAD IN HIM!!! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!

Archived