Let's play "Why'd I buy that"?

Spizzledude

• Members

Today I bought a Rockman X-100 thing inside a rack mount so you can play it live or record it.

I played it awhile and I already have every sound it makes and better in spades.

So, the question is, why'd I buy that?

It will now sit with all the other stuff in my drawers and corners of the room that I never used but acquired during previous sessions of playing "why'd I buy that".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today I bought a Rockman X-100 thing inside a rack mount so you can play it live or record it.

I played it awhile and I already have every sound it makes and better in spades.

So, the question is, why'd I buy that?

It will now sit with all the other stuff in my drawers and corners of the room that I never used but acquired during previous sessions of playing "why'd I buy that".

Werent your elbows screwed?

• Moderators

When I was (much) younger I bought a new Digitech GSP21 Pro. The million fullpage ads in Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician convinced me I needed it. :lol:

My buddy had the tube digitech thingee and my pro never sounded as "cool" as his. Eventually I traded it in. THEN a week later I missed it and convinced myself it was perfect for me (again, after I already owned it once). REbought it and it still sucked. :cry: I don't know what happened to it from there, I am sure I sold it or traded it in, I just don't know where.

Looking back on it, if I had any idea how to dial in a guitar tone then (I hadn't been playing very long, it was 90' or 91') I may have gotten something decent out of it.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/DigiTech/GSP-21+Pro/10/1

Hell, posting this has made me nostalgic, I should see if I could find one. :p

• Members

When I was (much) younger I bought a new Digitech GSP21 Pro. The million fullpage ads in Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician convinced me I needed it.
:lol:

My buddy had the tube digitech thingee and my pro never sounded as "cool" as his. Eventually I traded it in. THEN a week later I missed it and convinced myself it was perfect for me (again, after I already owned it once). REbought it and it still sucked.
:cry:
I don't know what happened to it from there, I am sure I sold it or traded it in, I just don't know where.

Looking back on it, if I had any idea how to dial in a guitar tone then (I hadn't been playing very long, it was 90' or 91') I may have gotten something decent out of it.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/DigiTech/GSP-21+Pro/10/1

Hell, posting this has made me nostalgic, I should see if I could find one.
:p

I still have my RP-1 in the attic somewhere. You don't want to know how much I paid for that when it first came out.

I bought this, because the metal zone sucked. :confused:

• Members

HAR mellowtone wolf computer. I play blues and jazz, hardly ever turn an overdrive's gain up past 3, but i bought this glitch/fuzz thing. I did a little atari ditty and BAM! into my parts bucket it went. it was a neat pedal, but $125 down the crapper.

• Members

Multiple amps, guitars. I think those are generally justifiable. On the other hand I bought a Crybaby Pedal and played some wah for a day or 2 and then never again. It sat in my closet for 2 years before it stolen by someone(still don't know who). Of course I didn't care because I NEVER USED IT. Oh yeah, Boss DS-1. 15$ anyone?

Archived