What amp ENGL Blackmore settings do you use when playing live?

SweepLegatto

• Members

The4thlast1, my other band guitarrist has a single rectifier, and i cant tell you that you can here more the Blackmore than the sngle recto in a band mix.

I think that the problem is that i have to roll back a little bit the mids and treble.

I think that the speakers also dont help i'm using V30.

Killzone those clips that you recorded in the musicians.org are really cool, are you using the G12K100?

• Members

Because when you give more volume to this guy, the sound becames a little thin.

From my experience, this means you are probably pushing the channel volume and keeping the Master volume low. When I had my Savage 120, it seemed like the Channel volume was MUCH brighter than the Master. Keep the Master above noon at all times and adjust your channel volumes to taste and it would sound WAY thicker. Just a design quirk on the amp, the preamp is super bright.

• Members

I owned a Blackmore for a while and found that it couldn't cut it in a live band mix. Once the volume was turned up it sounded different in a bad way.

i kinda found this true as well

the amp sounds great when used at home, and i'm gonna make some clips in the near future

however i tried it at a few band practices and shows, and just didn't like how it fit in a band mix...it's like all the low and mid frequencies that i like to hear right in my face were very restrained

i mean it certainly sounded ok, but compared to my cobra, it was like the blackmore was in the next room over

• Members

i kinda found this true as well

the amp sounds great when used at home, and i'm gonna make some clips in the near future

however i tried it at a few band practices and shows, and just didn't like how it fit in a band mix...it's like all the low and mid frequencies that i like to hear right in my face were very restrained

i mean it certainly sounded ok, but compared to my cobra, it was like the blackmore was in the next room over

Cobra is a very cutting amp to begin with. And it DEFINTELY HAS more low end. about 2 tons more than the Blackmore.

I think you'd agree that it's more a personal choice and the way the amp (cobra) presents itself to you, rather than any fault of the Blackmore?

• Members

Cobra is a very cutting amp to begin with. And it DEFINTELY HAS more low end. about 2 tons more than the Blackmore.

I think you'd agree that it's more a personal choice and the way the amp (cobra) presents itself to you, rather than any fault of the Blackmore?

No, that's just how the Blackmore is. Louder it gets, the more shrill it kinda becomes. That can be tamed down a great amount of course, but it is an inherit nature of the Blackmore in how it reacts to volume.

-Ans-

• Members

No, that's just how the Blackmore is. Louder it gets, the more shrill it kinda becomes. That can be tamed down a great amount of course, but it is an inherit nature of the Blackmore in how it reacts to volume.

-Ans-

Okay...I didn't really get the chance to crank it way up....I mean...still pretty dman loud for me! But not even half on it's dial. I do understand that things change pretty quick on the stage...thanks for adding that.

Speaking of the dial...at what point would you say you noticed it to be "untamable", roughly.

• 7 years later...

Archived