South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Members

South Carolina Amp Fest will be held in Columbia, South Carolina on July 18th at "The Jam Room" Studio. It will be a one day event. Please RSVP if you have not already. My email is bjcole@smu.edu if you want to contact me that way as well.

Please, do not bring guests unless you told me you were earlier. If you must bring a guest with you send me a message and I will let you know if it is ok if they come. We already have plenty of people already coming and Jay at the "Jam Room" is already worried about space. It is going to cost $25 for studio time (this includes drinks and food).

Also, Jay said he was willing to "reamp" and record all the amps and give us a compilation of the tracks. So if anyone wants to create some "drum jams" for this event let me know.

So far it is shaping up well. We have 12 or so people confirmed that said they are coming including myself. Just keep up with the thread and I will post all important details in this first post. Thanks guys!

The Jam Room

201 s. prospect ave.

columbia, sc 29205

info@jamroomstudio.com

www.jamroomstudio.com

http://www.myspace.com/jamroomstudio

PS: Also, the studio has about 4 or 5 cabs we can use. So unless you have a really nice cabinet that you want to display, you might want to leave it at home (Bogner, Mills, Splawn, etc.). I do suggest you bring your own guitar though.

Regarding the amps you plan to bring...if someone else has a 5150 and you do too it is not necessary for both of you guys to bring that same head. Also, Jay at his studio has quite an amp collection himself. I will post them all later so no one brings the same amp twice.

Also, if you own 8 amp heads...it might be a overkill to bring them all. So pick your favorite two or three and stick with that to conserve space.

Please bring your money with you (preferably cash) to pay Jay immediately at the beginning of the amp fest.

List of Guitar Heads and Cabinets at the Studio (please note, if you have one of the same amplifiers please do not bring it unless it has been modified so we can do a A/B test against the two):

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

Marshall JCM 800 w/ gain mod

Orange AD140

Marshall Jubilee

Marshall JMP 50 watt

Krank Revolution

Fender Princeton

Fender Super Reverb

Fender Bassman

Fender Tremolux

Fender Deluxe Brown

Ampeg SVT Head

Soldano Hot Rod 50

Musicman

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I might be game myself. I am not big on playing around a bunch of folk. But I am game for watching/listening to others. Possibly a few cold beers is also nice too!

I would really like this to be in Greenville. Im sure Pioneerprogress would like that himself! :thu:

• Members

well Greenville people...tell your friends and lets promote this so we can get a good showing of people. start looking for locations.

What all will everyone bring up there?

I can bring pretty much everything listed in my sig. Peavey 6505+/Marshall 1960A/Cort m 600 (EMG 81/85) and maybe some other random gear lying around the house.

• Members

depending on how many people/when it is I could see if we could do it at our rehearsal space (bass player's house) It's in spartanburg, but it's a huge front room. we clear out the room and have space to do shows with 100+ spectating.

I'd have to ask his permission though.

• Members

I'm keeping my eye on this. I'm all around the Athens/Atlanta area, and I'd love to make this if I can. My rhythm guitarist also is looking for an amp (he posted here asking a month ago), and I think it'd be great for him to see, hear, and play some different amps if he can make it.

I'll bring the JVM if no one who's committed to going is bringing one.

• Members

depending on how many people/when it is I could see if we could do it at our rehearsal space (bass player's house) It's in spartanburg, but it's a huge front room. we clear out the room and have space to do shows with 100+ spectating.

I'd have to ask his permission though.

That would be awesome, speaking purely from a selfish perspective ~ I live in S'burg! :o:thu:

I would bring my Trace Elliot Speed Twin and my Koch Studiotone heads (+ relevant cabs) & my pedalboard (fwiw).

Archived