Speaker Placement - Top or Bottom?

Gremson

• Members

I've got a couple WGS Speakers. One's a Reaper, the other's a Veteran30. They'll basically be going in a vertical 2X12 cab. I'm curious what the general consensus is on which speaker should go above the other? And also WHY would be most excellent.

Thanks for the help!

:wave:

• Members

i usually put the more bassyer speaker on bottem in vertical 2x12s or vertical 4x12s . . . .

:idk:

Ah see my thought process is the opposite. I like the brightness on the bottom so theres less chance of the beeeeeee'z giving people hearing damage or simply being annoying.

• Members

Ah see my thought process is the opposite. I like the brightness on the bottom so theres less chance of the
beeeeeee'z
giving people hearing damage or simply being annoying.

ATM im a bedroom guitar player (i play bass in teh bandz) so i dont really think about that kinda stuff.

however FWIW my dad had a sunn vertical 4x12 that had {censored}in bass speakers on the bottom and old ass jensons in the top and it sounded like {censored}ing god. so. . . . i kinda always try to replicate that sunns cab tone but never have i gotten close. :lol:

• Members

I just set it up with the Reaper on the Bottom and Vet30 on top. Got practice tonight. We'll see how it turns out.

I think eventually I might just sell all my peripheral stuff and just get a Mills cab.

Archived