Fender Ultimate Chrous 2x12

pinchharmonic25

• Members

I just bought this amp. I got it for $50 dollars because it was broken. I fixed the inputs and it sounds a little better. Im still getting this static sound when i play. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Also, when I turn the amp on and off, the amp makes a really loud pop even when the volume is turned all the way down.

• Members

first we thought it was the inputs, but when i put in new inputs, it sounded a little better. when i got it, you could barely hear anything. now its when ever i play on it. i think it might have to do something with the capacitors?????

help????!!!!!

• Members

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to get a small tube amp, than to put any $$$ into this one IMHO.:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

I sometimes run an amp modeler thru mine but i only use the clean channel, i also have 6 other amps, so for me it doesn't matter.

If this is your only amp i'd say shop around you could do better, they stopped making the UC along time ago.

• Members

I took out the actual inputs because they were broken

Then I put new ones in and it sounds a ton better

Does the static change at all when you turn any of the knobs. Just as a routine maintainance, spray some contact cleaner into the openings on the backs of all the pots and then turn them back and forth a few times and then spray some into the effects loop jacks and insert and remove a cable a few times. May not be your problem but, you should eliminate all possible simple fixes first.

Archived