X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Ultimate Chrous 2x12

I just bought this amp. I got it for $50 dollars because it was broken. I fixed the inputs and it sounds a little better. Im still getting this static sound when i play. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Also, when I turn the amp on and off, the amp makes a really loud pop even when the volume is turned all the way down.

I have one, had it since 97', it makes a loud pop when i turn it off too.

If your static is when you turn the knobs, you have dirty pots, other than that you said it was broke, could be alot of things???
    I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

first we thought it was the inputs, but when i put in new inputs, it sounded a little better. when i got it, you could barely hear anything. now its when ever i play on it. i think it might have to do something with the capacitors?????
      help????!!!!!

Comment

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to get a small tube amp, than to put any $$$ into this one IMHO.oke:oke:oke:oke:oke:oke:

I sometimes run an amp modeler thru mine but i only use the clean channel, i also have 6 other amps, so for me it doesn't matter.

If this is your only amp i'd say shop around you could do better, they stopped making the UC along time ago.
        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

yeah, i just picked it up for fun

i have other amps, im just trying to fix it and make profit

Comment

What do you mean changed the inputs?
            Great transactions with: hivedestruction, TheBumRush, Invader.CC, gchatred, pfindeis, aporcelainsky, tantamo, mueller, Tone Meister, vidiot72, angelhair0 (x2), Bleedback, Insubordination, ibanez_dude, 6StrngStrangler, goodhonk, andy3033

Can o' Spam
            GGG PT80

Comment

I took out the actual inputs because they were broken
              Then I put new ones in and it sounds a ton better

Comment

What do you mean changed the inputs?

I think he means he replace the input "jacks".
                Marshall JCM800 2204
                Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet
                Laney AOR ProTube 50

Comment

I took out the actual inputs because they were broken
                  Then I put new ones in and it sounds a ton better

Does the static change at all when you turn any of the knobs. Just as a routine maintainance, spray some contact cleaner into the openings on the backs of all the pots and then turn them back and forth a few times and then spray some into the effects loop jacks and insert and remove a cable a few times. May not be your problem but, you should eliminate all possible simple fixes first.
                  Marshall JCM800 2204
                  Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet
                  Laney AOR ProTube 50

Comment

I hear static all the time, its pretty much if i play anything. When I'm on the clean channel, its loudest in the bass, quietest when trebles all the way. So, I'm just really confused

Comment

The pop is the reverb tank I think. My bro has a princeton chorus from the same era and it does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X