Vick goes to Philly....good idea or bad idea?

TU BE

• Members

Do you really want to go screwing around with the QB section of a team that made it to the NFC Championship game last season?

But...having Vick is gonna make McNabb have to bring his A-game everytime he hits the field.

Plus, negative press from the city of Philly is looming in the air. I believe one headline there said, "HIDE YOUR DOGS". :lol:

I'm not an Eagles fan in any way shape or form, in fact, quite teh opposite. I just find it to be an interesting move to say the least.

• Members

I find it baffling from a football standpoint.

From a personal standpoint, I think the guy has paid his debt to society and has a right to earn a living. What I didn't agree with was, all along everyone assumed he had a right to work in the NFL. Not necessarily so. There's the UFL, CFL .... all sorts of other professional football leagues that could have employed him. Of course now an NFL team has stepped up, so that's a moot point.

Something else that's a joke is how high and mighty some Philly sports fans apparently are acting over this (per ESPN's Sal Palantonio, many fans started streaming out of the Eagles preseason game last night at the Link when the news was announced, claiming they were going to sell their season tickets, and at least one female fan was crying). These are the same people who over the years have taken pride in their own anti-social behavior, up to and including cheering when Michael Irvin lay prone and possibly paralyzed on the Veterans Stadium turf. Their schtick is to be as belligerent as possible to players, including their own, and now they're all up in arms about a guy who broke the law and paid his debt to society? Gimme a break.

• Members

I've always liked vick as a player. The way I look at it everyone makes mistakes. He deserves another shot. It's not gonna hurt the eagles.....anybody is better then freakin mcnabb. He's the biggest joke. So hopefully he will get his crap together and get the starting QB role.

• Members

From a personal standpoint, I think the guy has paid his debt to society and has a right to earn a living. What I didn't agree with was, all along everyone assumed he had a right to work in the NFL. Not necessarily so. There's the UFL, CFL .... all sorts of other professional football leagues that could have employed him. Of course now an NFL team has stepped up, so that's a moot point.

Something else that's a joke is how high and mighty some Philly sports fans apparently are acting over this (per ESPN's Sal Palantonio, many fans started streaming out of the Eagles preseason game last night at the Link when the news was announced, claiming they were going to sell their season tickets, and at least one female fan was crying). These are the same people who over the years have taken pride in their own anti-social behavior, up to and including cheering when Michael Irvin lay prone and possibly paralyzed on the Veterans Stadium turf. Their schtick is to be as belligerent as possible to players, including their own, and now they're all up in arms about a guy who broke the law and paid his debt to society? Gimme a break.

LOL! I hear ya. NOW....let's say McNabb goes down 3 games into the season and Vick takes over the starting QB position (you KNOW he will) and starts kicking all kinds of ass with completions, TD passes, little to no interceptions. You are gonna see all this hate turn to :love: and the town will embrace him. :cop:

• Members
LOL! I hear ya. NOW....let's say McNabb goes down 3 games into the season and Vick takes over the starting QB position (you KNOW he will) and starts kicking all kinds of ass with completions, TD passes, little to no interceptions. You are gonna see all this hate turn to
:love:
and the town will embrace him.
:cop:

Very true. Either way, you can count on McNabb to be butthurt about this, no matter what he says publicly. He just signed a 2-year extension, and now they sign Vick to a 2-year deal. Just another expression of the team's lack of confidence that McNabb has what it takes to go all the way.

• Members

I've always liked vick as a player. The way I look at it everyone makes mistakes. He deserves another shot. It's not gonna hurt the eagles.....anybody is better then freakin mcnabb. He's the biggest joke. So hopefully he will get his crap together and get the starting QB role.

23 TD's and throwing for almost 4,000 yards last season is not bad.

• Members

Very true. Either way, you can count on McNabb to be butthurt about this, no matter what he says publicly. He just signed a 2-year extension, and now they sign Vick to a 2-year deal. Just another expression of the team's lack of confidence that McNabb has what it takes to go all the way.

His stats were up there with some of the better QB's in the league. After Reid benched his ass that one game he came back with a vengeance.

But yeah, I agree that he is completely butthurt no matter what he says. He probably went home for some comfort in the form of Mama's Campbell's Chunky Soup. :lol:

• Members

You forgot the courthouse that was in the basement of the old Veterens stadium due to so many fights in the stands.

I give to the WWF and several other groups, I have given money to the Boston Aquarium to "adopt" a Harbor Seal, and my wife is Sarah Palin's number one anti fan due to the wolf hunts now taking place in alaska.

All that said I agree that Vick has paid his dept, he was in a FEDERAL prison where not many of us would survive very long. PETA could not have had better coverage to promote their work and their donations are much higher today than 3 years ago. I am a huge animal lover but I also understand that he has served his time and deserves to play in the NFL if he still has the skills.

• Members

23 TD's and throwing for almost 4,000 yards last season is not bad.

Yeah, but he didn't make it look pretty while doing it. He's just not reliable IMO. He's always limping around and he's put on more weight so he isn't running like he used to.

• Members

Yeah, but he didn't make it look pretty while doing it. He's just not reliable IMO
. He's always limping around and he's put on more weight so he isn't running like he used to.

So you don't like him because he doesn't make it look "pretty"? So, you'll skip the Super Bowl and NFC championships, give you someone who doesn't make it that far, but does it pretty?

Archived