Celestion G12T-75 vs. WGS HM75

colejustesen

• Members

I think I might be digging the sound of the Celestion G12T-75 and think it will compliment my DSL great. Has anyone tried the WGS version of it? I am debating doing a set of WGS ET65 speakers in my Avatar Contemporary 2x12 cab. Would anyone advise on what they think would be better for me. I play classic rock to modern hard rock.

ET65 or HM75?????

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 11justin22 View Post
ok i'm confused the g12t-75 hm75 are the same speaker respectfully, but et-65 is a different beast all together. for the styles u said though i would do the et65 but i am kinda of partial to them. there's some clips of them with stiletto on here right now.
Sorry I don't mean to confuse, I really like the sound of the ET65. I have one in my Fender DeVille and the bottom is nice and thick without being too overwhelming and the mids are full. I like my mids, but sometimes I wonder if I have too many mids (especially right now with Vintage 30s) I like how tight the V30 are, but there is something about those G12T-75 speakers that have a reminiscent growl in all the clips I hear. This makes me want to try the HM75 speakers...........

I have been wanting to switch out my Vintage 30s for the ET65s for quite some time now, but I just can't really decide on what I want.

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by seajay View Post
The clips on the WGS site sound ok. Didn't the WGS 75's just come out? I didn't know they were shipping.
I honestly didn't check to see if they are shipping yet, but they have intrigued me. The clips sound good.......for what I like the cleans with the ET65 are love.gif and the distortion with the HM75 are Totally_jammin_out.gif

How would you all think of the two of those together?????? idn_smilie.gif

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen View Post
Sorry I don't mean to confuse, I really like the sound of the ET65. I have one in my Fender DeVille and the bottom is nice and thick without being too overwhelming and the mids are full. I like my mids, but sometimes I wonder if I have too many mids (especially right now with Vintage 30s) I like how tight the V30 are, but there is something about those G12T-75 speakers that have a reminiscent growl in all the clips I hear. This makes me want to try the HM75 speakers...........

I have been wanting to switch out my Vintage 30s for the ET65s for quite some time now, but I just can't really decide on what I want.

Cole
the hm-75 are going to be tighter than et-65. I hear what your talking about in the g12t-75 clips. That speaker gets bashed alot, but to me it is great with marshall style circuits. It can be scooped sounding otherwise. I have two cabs i am using with my stiletto on with vet30/reaper hp and another with et65. the vet 30 cab is alot tighter and modern sounding than the other one, but i generally spend more time on the et65. i can cover alot of ground with them.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 11justin22 View Post
the hm-75 are going to be tighter than et-65. I hear what your talking about in the g12t-75 clips. That speaker gets bashed alot, but to me it is great with marshall style circuits. It can be scooped sounding otherwise. I have two cabs i am using with my stiletto on with vet30/reaper hp and another with et65. the vet 30 cab is alot tighter and modern sounding than the other one, but i generally spend more time on the et65. i can cover alot of ground with them.
what types of music do you play?

Cole

• Members
Yeah the Vintage 30 definitely has it's own presence. Do you think I would benefit going to the HM75?

Cole
yeah for that style on that recording i would try out a hm75. look up frogstomp by silverchair. I asked around the other day and found that they used a marshall (duh) with gt-75. you'll probaly dig their tone.

• Members

Having used both the G12-T75 and WGS ET65s, my thoughts are this. If you want tight, huge low end and a brighter top end, get the HM75s. If you want a big time mid range growl, good bottom end, but a loose, more crunchy speaker, go for the ET65s. Both work well for classic rock, though I prefer the ET65s because of the mids and rounded off top end.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mincy View Post
Having used both the G12-T75 and WGS ET65s, my thoughts are this. If you want tight, huge low end and a brighter top end, get the HM75s. If you want a big time mid range growl, good bottom end, but a loose, more crunchy speaker, go for the ET65s. Both work well for classic rock, though I prefer the ET65s because of the mids and rounded off top end.
Say I wanted to keep one of my Hellatone 60s (Vintage 30) in the cab and do a combo...........would the ET65 be too close to the Vintage 30 or would I be better off putting a HM75 in there instead?

Cole

• Members
Say I wanted to keep one of my Hellatone 60s (Vintage 30) in the cab and do a combo...........would the ET65 be too close to the Vintage 30 or would I be better off putting a HM75 in there instead?

Cole
I've been mixing my ET65s with WGS Veteran 30s and they sound real good together. The Vet30 is tighter and more mid focused, without the bottom and top end of the ET65, so it definitely gives it more bite in the mid range that way. I've never mixed ET65s with an actual Vintage 30, but it should be roughly the same. It's a completely different feel than a T75/V30 combination, but IMO, the V30 compliments both the T75 and Et65 well.

Guest Anonymous
I think I might be digging the sound of the Celestion G12T-75 and think it will compliment my DSL great. Has anyone tried the WGS version of it? I am debating doing a set of WGS ET65 speakers in my Avatar Contemporary 2x12 cab. Would anyone advise on what they think would be better for me. I play classic rock to modern hard rock.

ET65 or HM75?????

Cole
The only speaker that ever sounded right to me was the Eminence Wizard, which is similar to what you are looking at, but with tighter bass.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar View Post
Did you ever end up trying them out?
Nah man, I never did... I sold my cab shortly after this post... I was having issues with financial aid for college so I sold my cab and amp to fund my text books...

I miss that cab! It was awesome!!!

Cole

Archived