T-shirts with guitars on them...

olgluefoot

• Members

When will my mother learn that just because I play guitar... it doesn't mean I want every shirt with guitars on them? I swear I get a package every month with two T-shirts in it.

Like so...

AAAAAqiqkCwAAAAAASbKxw.jpg

300.jpg

:rolleyes:

Maybe she thinks I still cant dress myself at 26. :facepalm: Well.. I always need cloths to change my oil in, and wear while indoors. :lol:

Now if she sent me Guy Harvey shirts I would be appreciative ;)

Anyone else get guitar related gifts from family that make you cringe?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually got a pretty cool t shirt with a guitar on it from my parents one time. Its got a Les Paul surrounded by blue flames on the back with a pick in blue flames on the front.

This isnt usually the norm though, as ive gotten some cringe worthy ones as well.

• Members

When will my mother learn that just because I play guitar... it doesn't mean I want every shirt with guitars on them?

:poke:

She's still here, trying to do something for you she think's you'll appreciate. So appreciate it.

Otherwise send the large ones to me. :)

• Members

i understand how the op feels. Especially when every christmas, i ask for guitar stuff (that really isnt expensive). Instead i get the shirts, and something ridiculous that i didnt want or ask for like a fuzzy leopard strap or something equally strange.

But i am thankful to still have all of my parents and grandparents.

• Members

You may be able to dress yourself but you don't know what it's like to have kids yet. When she see's a guitar she thinks of you cuz she lubs :love: you. I know what you mean though. I've asked the wife not to get anymore shirts with guitars on them. Two of the coolest stage shirts I have now are ones we both picked out one day while picking some things up at the store.

...one of them has a guitar on it.:facepalm:

I've gigged my Guy Harvey shirts like the Charcoal Heather one on this page.

http://www.guyharveyshirts.com/

• Members

Hard to feel sorry for you. I wish my mother sent me 2+ t-shirts every month. Is it really that traumatic?

x2 :thu:

Come on man. Your mother loves you, she thinks you would like them, and they remind her of you when she sees them. Toughen up and accept them for what they are, a heartfelt gift from the woman who went through 9 months waiting to hold you in her arms :thu: Sounds cheesy, but take it down to the bare bones of what it is, and it's easier to appreciate what she's doing.

Either way, I'd totally wear that white one with the blue guitar/tree...don't know why, but it looks pretty damn cool to me :thu:

• Members

haha, i could have started this thread myself! i think i've gotten some kinda of lame guitar shirt (like "you can never have too many guitars" or "famous guitars") from every person i know.

for some reason my mom also think i adore PEZ and penguin things. seriously, my house is {censored}ing covered in penguin {censored} every winter. gad. it is still super sweet of all the people i mention to do stuff for me, though, i'm not complaining!

Archived