what happenned to The Unofficial Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Owner's Guide!

nutstae

• Members

Thanks nutstae for starting this thread! I noticed the same thing a few days ago when I was going to refresh my memory on a replacing the input jacks for the HRD. Like so many people, I've learned tons of info on how to get the most of my HRD.

The site was hosted under the personal space of a student (the site's creator, Justin Holton) at Eastern Kentuky University. Justin has long since graduated, and is no longer a student at EKU, so I believe his server space has expired.

He does have a website personal website now, and he's pretty clear he does not have the time or interest to keep on maintaining the site.

I'm am going to contact him and ask if he has a backup copy of the site...

I'll post the results if I get any.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've contacted the site's author (Justin Holton), and unfortunately he lost all the files to the site due to a hard-drive failure. I also checked to see if there was an archived version of the site at archive.org, but no luck there either.

Wow, I find that hard to believe, someone who knew so much about electronics and computers, not to have a backup copy? I did copy the instructions for biasing the amp from the web site when it was active, I only have it in text but it is a start to rebuilding the site. I attached the Word file.

I knew I should have copied as much of that site as I could! Rats. Any chance of the University having a copy of the information somewhere? I will contact the computer guru at my college to see if there is a possibility.

Tom Lesko

Hingham, MA usa

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived