Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recto - Can it be made tight and not fizzy?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie Monster
    started a topic Recto - Can it be made tight and not fizzy?

Recto - Can it be made tight and not fizzy?

Mushy bottom fizzy top is the problem we all know they have.

Is there a way to make a Recto really really tight, and loose the fizz?

I know Voodoo can fix this, but can it be done with pedals and settings as well?

Like boosting up front and an EQ in the loop?

• Mr. Metler
    replied
    This has been a great thread. I've got my Single Recto out again and am experimenting with it.

For tightening them up, do you guys prefer using a Clean Boost (like my OD-9), or an EQ pedal to just cut the lowest frequencies, or does 1 way have an advantage over the other?

I'm definitely like the results I'm getting with both setups, I obviously just have to run the amp's gain at around 10:30 when Boosting instead of 10 when I use an EQ pedal.

When using the Boost pedal or an EQ pedal, now I can run the amp's Bass up around 120 now too (since I'm cutting the lowest lows out), which should give me a good, thick, low mid emphasis. Whereas before, I only ran the Bass around 100.

Rectifiers should all come with a maxon overdrive pedal, it's an absolute need for that amp (for tight metal) IMO for SURE. an EQ is a great thing to have also. Once I get my roadster I'm going to be broke so hopefully I can get some cash for noise suppressor and overdrive (have to sell my ISP decimator to fund for the roadster... but it doesn't need one without an overdrive)

Leave a comment:

• primeholy
    replied
    Could it be your guitar and speakers and settings not giving you the clarity you want? I dont have my recto anymore, but always thought it delivered in the clarity department.

Leave a comment:

• Dewysoss
    replied
    They playz teh rawk; not so much need for tight crunchy palm mutes and ****************.

OP didn't specify oke:

Leave a comment:

• The Realm
    replied
    Just buy the Engl Savage...

ding ding ding ding ding......

Leave a comment:

• zehn
    replied
    haaaaaaaaaaaa no way. Sell it and get something else

Gtfo, ****************head

Leave a comment:

• orangekick
    replied
    I think you guys are just weird. oke:

Leave a comment:

• RyanC
    replied
    Well, after a couple more hours of experimenting, I decided I personally liked the Single Recto much better with just the EQ pedal in front, simply cutting out the lowest frequencies. It made it tighter with alot less mud. It actually sounds great!

The only problem is, my Sig X sounds just like it the way I've got it dialed in, but with even more clarity and warmth, and the flexibility of many other tones in addition to that. So, even though I'm finally getting my Recto to sound really good now, I'm still going to sell it.

All Recto owners should definitely experiment with running an EQ in front or a Boost - it really makes them sound so much better IMO!

Leave a comment:

• noirjp
    replied
    Mushy bottom fizzy top is the problem we all know they have.

Is there a way to make a Recto really really tight, and loose the fizz?

I know Voodoo can fix this, but can it be done with pedals and settings as well?

Like boosting up front and an EQ in the loop?

haaaaaaaaaaaa no way. Sell it and get something else

Leave a comment:

• RyanC
    replied
    This has been a great thread. I've got my Single Recto out again and am experimenting with it.

For tightening them up, do you guys prefer using a Clean Boost (like my OD-9), or an EQ pedal to just cut the lowest frequencies, or does 1 way have an advantage over the other?

I'm definitely like the results I'm getting with both setups, I obviously just have to run the amp's gain at around 10:30 when Boosting instead of 10 when I use an EQ pedal.

When using the Boost pedal or an EQ pedal, now I can run the amp's Bass up around 120 now too (since I'm cutting the lowest lows out), which should give me a good, thick, low mid emphasis. Whereas before, I only ran the Bass around 100.

Leave a comment:

• Cookie Monster
    replied
    Try rolling back on the guitar's volume. That helps to smooth out the fizz and tighten up the lower end .

I have better luck just unplugging the guitar... oke:

Leave a comment:

• Pope on a Rope
    replied
    Try rolling back on the guitar's volume. That helps to smooth out the fizz and tighten up the lower end .

Leave a comment:

• thinkpad20
    replied

They playz teh rawk; not so much need for tight crunchy palm mutes and ****************.

Leave a comment:

• grunge782
    replied
    Um, foo fighters has ALWAYS been recto.

Sorry, I've never been a big fan. It is not that I don't like them, I just never really got hooked .

From what I have heard, that comes to a surprise. Well, sort of the Recto was the amp of the 90's.

Leave a comment:

• Dewysoss
    replied
    wut? What songs?

Um, foo fighters has ALWAYS been recto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X