Hughes & Kettner Coreblade

nakedzen

• Members

I thought I'd post a thread about these here as well, H&K seems to have pretty poor marketing and this seems like a pretty cool amp. (Aside from the ridiculous name).

Channels Clean, Drive, Ultra I, Ultra II

Power 100 Watts

Poweramp Shipped with 4x EL34, but also 6L6GC applicables

Preamp 3x 12AX7

Modeling No Effects 3 independant Digital-FX processors: Reverb, Delay, Modulation (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo)

Effects Loop serial/parallel

MIDI built in

Footswitch/Stageboard MIDI-Board FSM-432 MKII included

Switching Functions 4xPreset, Bank up, Bank down, Tap Delay

Special Features All Controls are fully programmable; Adjustable Noisegate; USB-Backup; Tube Safety Control (TSC)

Presets 128 user presets

Clips sound pretty good on their site

Being able to have completely different settings on each channel including the presence and resonance seems pretty useful.

Videos:

9nROm1z5ry4

Notice how he maxes the gain on both the ultra channels and you can still make out wth he's playing.

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=video&id=135

• Members

metalaxe did some clips for H&K with this amp. His clips sounded {censored}ing ridiculously good. idk if those are his on the site, but they sound pretty good. I really love how this amp sounds!! Stupid ass name though...

Any idea for a link to those?

Here's another one:

WEK_U-7qQzU

• Members

Notice how he maxes the gain on both the ultra channels and you can still make out wth he's playing.

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=video&id=135

Sounds pretty huge, even with whatever {censored}ing commie language that guy was speaking! :p

H&K makes some great {censored}. (I'd still love a MKII Triamp)

• Members

You said it fella. I think the amp seems pretty killer. I like that it will run EL34's and 6L6's together.

That's what sold me on my Road King. I really like that sonic combination, and it's my favorite tone on the amp in channel 3, vintage mode. That's the tone I use probably 85% of the time.

I've played a bunch of H&K's, and even with their SS amps (ok, it had a couple of 12AX7s in the preamp), I've yet to play one that didn't sound great.

• Members

Sounds pretty huge, even with whatever {censored}ing
commie
language that guy was speaking!
:p

H&K makes some great {censored}. (I'd still love a MKII Triamp)

This amused me. / Not the least reason because the party that Germany is so historically famous for looked down on communism.

Amp does sound pretty cool, but I'll probably never get a chance to check one out - last time I was at GC the only brands that they had were Fender, Mesa, Marshall, and Vox. I'm used to at least seeing some used other brands or a roland box, but on the guitar floor, at least, there was nothing.

HCAF has become my main way of learning about different amps... :cry:

Archived