No announcement yet.

Hughes & Kettner Coreblade

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes & Kettner Coreblade

I thought I'd post a thread about these here as well, H&K seems to have pretty poor marketing and this seems like a pretty cool amp. (Aside from the ridiculous name).

Channels Clean, Drive, Ultra I, Ultra II
    Power 100 Watts
    Poweramp
    Shipped with 4x EL34, but also 6L6GC applicables
    Preamp 3x 12AX7
    Modeling
    No Effects 3 independant Digital-FX processors: Reverb, Delay, Modulation (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo)
    Effects Loop
    serial/parallel
    MIDI
    built in
    Footswitch/Stageboard
    MIDI-Board FSM-432 MKII included
    Switching Functions
    4xPreset, Bank up, Bank down, Tap Delay
    Special Features All Controls are fully programmable; Adjustable Noisegate; USB-Backup; Tube Safety Control (TSC)
    Presets
    128 user presets

Clips sound pretty good on their site

Being able to have completely different settings on each channel including the presence and resonance seems pretty useful.

Videos:

Notice how he maxes the gain on both the ultra channels and you can still make out wth he's playing.

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=video&id=135
    | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Why the hell do they feel the need to keep the delay on for rhythm tones?

Comment

metalaxe did some clips for H&K with this amp. His clips sounded ****************ing ridiculously good. idk if those are his on the site, but they sound pretty good. I really love how this amp sounds!! Stupid ass name though...
      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

metalaxe did some clips for H&K with this amp. His clips sounded ****************ing ridiculously good. idk if those are his on the site, but they sound pretty good. I really love how this amp sounds!! Stupid ass name though...

Any idea for a link to those?

Here's another one:

Comment

Apparently the amp forum has no interest in new amps?

Comment

He posted them somewhere here...ill try to find the thread.
            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

found it...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2479222
              Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

found it...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2479222

Great, thanks!

E: Clips sound great, couldn't find them on the H&K site though?

Comment

Apparently the amp forum has no interest in new amps?

I tried to get a thread started on these a few weeks back and everyone thought it was old news ...

But yeah, I want to try one.
                  Originally Posted by Aibric

I've seen goatse so many times that it long ago lost its shock value. Now its kind of nostalgic. I see it and think of those bygone days when seeing a man spread his own anus impossibly wide disturbed me to the core.

F e n d e r || P R S || P e t e r s || B u d d a

Comment

Yeah, they dont seem to be getting a lot of attention, but I think the clips sound ****************ing amazing!!
                    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Notice how he maxes the gain on both the ultra channels and you can still make out wth he's playing.

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=video&id=135

Sounds pretty huge, even with whatever ****************ing commie language that guy was speaking!

H&K makes some great ****************. (I'd still love a MKII Triamp)
                      Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I did a thread on this a month ago with a bunch of vids and got kicked in the balls for it.
                        Mesa/Boogie Mob

AMT Army-Lt. Colonel AnGuS

Clips (Click Me):

For Good Transactions Click Me

BRO CLUB: Member

Comment

I did a thread on this a month ago with a bunch of vids and got kicked in the balls for it.

Timing is everything?

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Timing is everything?

You said it fella. I think the amp seems pretty killer. I like that it will run EL34's and 6L6's together.
                            Mesa/Boogie Mob

AMT Army-Lt. Colonel AnGuS

Clips (Click Me):

For Good Transactions Click Me

BRO CLUB: Member

Comment

You said it fella. I think the amp seems pretty killer. I like that it will run EL34's and 6L6's together.

That's what sold me on my Road King. I really like that sonic combination, and it's my favorite tone on the amp in channel 3, vintage mode. That's the tone I use probably 85% of the time.

I've played a bunch of H&K's, and even with their SS amps (ok, it had a couple of 12AX7s in the preamp), I've yet to play one that didn't sound great.

Sheikpwnt

Comment

Working...
                              X