Anyone ever bought speakers (not in a cabinet) from Avatar?

axuality

• Members

They say they sell Celestions, and they say they say Hellatones which are broken-in Celestions.

So do they sell actual NEW Celestions? I was quoted a price of $349 for 4 Vintage 30s or g12Hs. Was that probably a Hellatone quote, or new Celestions quote, or what?

Thanks.

• Members

Never dealt with them, but have heard enough good things to not worry about them one bit, and whatever he quoted was for new. The Hellatone are new when they get them. They just exercise the speaker and put their label on them.

• Members

If they were selling imitations as the actual thing, do you think they's stay in business this long?

I didn't think they'd be selling imitations, but I wonder if they were selling Celestions with the Celestion label, or Celestions with the Hellatone label (which ARE actually Celestions, so no imitations here at all).

I got my answer, thanks guys. Merry Christmas.

• Members
I didn't think they'd be selling imitations, but I wonder if they were selling Celestions with the Celestion label, or Celestions with the Hellatone label (which ARE actually Celestions, so no imitations here at all).

I got my answer, thanks guys. Merry Christmas.

sorry. Gotcha now. Happy Tidings!:thu:

• Members

He sells both. If the quote says Celestion v30's then that's what you'll get. The Hellatones actually still have the original stickers underneath the Hellatone ones. I bought a quad of Hellatone 60's and they were great. No harshness right out of the box and a KILLER price!

Archived